• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

do you think pokemon have gone far enough

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2011
    I think that there shouldn't be any new Pokemon in the near future, but, instead, Game Freak should maybe release remakes for all the Pokemon games, but release for Xbox 360. Before everyone jumps down my throat, I have a decent explanation.

Personally, I play on the Xbox with my friends, but if I want to play a Pokemon game, it's either sound dead anti-social saying your gonna play Pokemon, or play on your own, and that's still anti-social. So... if there was a version for Xbox 360, think of the possibilities:
    being able to play with your friends instead of against them, think of the clan wars! trading would be much more easier, the graphics would be amazing, and as for Pokemon 3D... there's a Kinect for that!
    And Nintendo wouldn't need to worry about their precious sales, many people would still buy the games for the original experience.
    I just feel it would be much easier for many people. Instead of continually cluttering the Pokedex with new Pokemon.

PokémonFantasyGirl

Hoennshipper ♥
    Years
  • No, I want more Pokemon!

I don't want it to stop, nor do I think it'll be stopping anytime soon. There probably will be a 6th generation but I'm not sure if they'll keep going after that. New Pokemon fans are made all the time. The only reason it's even gone this far is because it's so darn popular. ♥

Sesh

Subjectively Objective
    Years
  • I think that there shouldn't be any new Pokemon in the near future, but, instead, Game Freak should maybe release remakes for all the Pokemon games, but release for Xbox 360. Before everyone jumps down my throat, I have a decent explanation.

Personally, I play on the Xbox with my friends, but if I want to play a Pokemon game, it's either sound dead anti-social saying your gonna play Pokemon, or play on your own, and that's still anti-social. So... if there was a version for Xbox 360, think of the possibilities:
    being able to play with your friends instead of against them, think of the clan wars! trading would be much more easier, the graphics would be amazing, and as for Pokemon 3D... there's a Kinect for that!
    And Nintendo wouldn't need to worry about their precious sales, many people would still buy the games for the original experience.
    I just feel it would be much easier for many people. Instead of continually cluttering the Pokedex with new Pokemon.

Enter Final Fantasy XI and XIV, this is what happens when you turn a timeless single player RPG into an MMO e-o, although nintendo at least prefers to keep to basics and is less risky than square still I'm not sure about that, and as nice as a 3d shiny pokemon would be if it goes anywhere it would be WII right?

And now the part related to the topic and not directed toward the quoted person.

Anyways send your hate mail if you all want >.> but I liked quite a few of the gen V pokemon, yeah sure they don't have that old charm but they have a new charm which I think was lacking in generation III and IV, so I think they should just continue on, if scary movie can continue to make movies out of similar situations and scenarios then pokemon should definitely continue >.> face it as much as many people complain about some generations pokemon does that stop you or anyone else from playing and even enjoying the game? Besides there's plenty of ideas out there and if they can't make something from scratch they can always get a base off something else.

As for the new pokemon they'll be making you shouldn't expect more pokemon like Charizard, which was in a time when a simple design was okay because it wasn't done before, designs for the pokemon will likely continue to get more complex and they'll never have that simple charm that the first 151 had but each generation has their own type of charm and for the company to stop now, meh what's the worse that could happen? They make gen VI some people love the new pokemon, some people hate them, everyone still plays, they still make money, we all wait for the next one in eager anticipation.

Sorry for the wall and if I sounded a bit rough in the post it wasn't intended that way.

In short, let them continue we get entertainment out of it and they get money right? One thing the main pokemon games will always have is the charm of a simple concept, one trainer (you) goes and beats the stuffing out of a misguided team who learns the error of their ways, you own gym leaders and you put the region champion to shame and all is well. As long as they keep that I don't think anyone's feathers will be too ruffled even if gen VI is full of pokemon based on variations of clowns >.>

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • Stop Pokemon?! Noooooo Please Don't say that?!?! Not after I got locked with this Franchise. Anyway, here are my conclusions.

Of course, I do not need to confirm what all the others have said, its pretty obvious as they said, its a money making machine and all that. However, your Question was much more directed to us, meaning that you are asking US if we had enough...even if its not the case I'd like to say.. Pokemon shall try its best to extend.

Personally I cannot imagine my life without Pokemon, introducing new Pokemons and Regions is not the problem, its actually a solution. Since their main target is to allure the new generation of kids. And besides, Pokemon has not had enough, it is still in the very beginning. You tell me, have you seen Ash make any big progress? There are many diverse IdeaS Pokemon can branch into, so don't expect them tO tun out of ideas SOON.

For example, have they revealed the mystery of HO-OH? nope, so they can still expand. Has Ash won a League yet? No, so now they can extend more and more,at a slow pace until they achieve progress.

The Game is just doing very fine, I mean have you see the Revolutionary features in Black and White? For me, the animated battle was MORE THAN ENOUGH.

As Toujours has said, B/W sales were progressing amazingly, so how would it be with a newer and advanced game every now and then? From the number of sales you can tell how much people are in love with the game. I don't want Nintendo to shatter our hearts by ending the franchise just soon. Why? Because it never gets old! Seriously, PkMn never gets boring no matter how the concept is the same.

As long as Pokemons stays till my death, I Live my Life at its Fullest.....

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Personally, I play on the Xbox with my friends, but if I want to play a Pokemon game, it's either sound dead anti-social saying your gonna play Pokemon, or play on your own, and that's still anti-social.
    Learn not to care what anybody thinks about you playing Pokemon then. No, seriously - no need for others to tell you what you should or should not enjoy.

For a second opinion, try this comic which is fairly accurate. That, and a game that promotes trading and battling with people on the other side of the world as a major feature being anti-social is...yeah. =p
    Hence:
    being able to play with your friends instead of against them, think of the clan wars!
    You can do this - you just need to find the right people who don't care about their own console so darn much.
    trading would be much more easier, the graphics would be amazing, and as for Pokemon 3D... there's a Kinect for that
    There's the 3DS for that too for actual 3D, and how would the trading be easier? As in for people as a whole, not just yourself.
    Nope. If it's on the Xbox, guess who gets the sales? The Xbox people, not Nintendo. Even if somehow they struck some deal that Nintendo get the game sales for the game being on a different console (which'd never happen because they're businesses - they rely on money sales), Xbox still get the sales from their consoles. Basically, Nintendo will never let their 2nd most successful franchise sales-wise (and one of the longest-running ones too) out of their hold because as-is, it makes them a heck of a lot of money.

As for the topic; basically as long as the games sell there'll be more. Judging by the continuing record sales it'll be a good while before Pokemon dies.

Back