• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think pokemon r real?

Do you think pokemon are real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    I wish they were real, lol. >w< Dude, imagine how they would look like, not animated, and all. Ugh, weird. >__<

good point and what if like you found a fire type lets say cyndaquil do you think you would stay there to catch a flaming rat? i personally would run like a madman

hmm after further thought i don't think pokemon being real would be a good thing they are far superior to us and there are a few very intelligent ones what if mewtwo convinces them to follow him? he could wage war on human kind besides do oyu think pokemon would be happy with the fact we attack them with their bretheren then throw balls at them all day long and then force them to breed well they probably don't mind that last one >.<

Last edited:

Absol Perfect Distaster

Lethal Razor Wind!
    Years
    Maybe pokemon are real but they're hiding some where so that they can't be seen by humans. They could be in another demension, the moon, underground, Area 51, Nintendo Headquaters, under our beds, or in our closets, and only Satoshi saw pokemon because how can he come up with over 490 pokemon designs.

I wish pokemon were real.

ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
    Maybe pokemon are real but they're hiding some where so that they can't be seen by humans. They could be in another demension, the moon, underground, Area 51, Nintendo Headquaters, under our beds, or in our closets, and only Satoshi saw pokemon because how can he come up with over 490 pokemon designs.

I wish pokemon were real.

but they is deadly fightin machines i don't think we would be able to enslave them this time i think the US army will be forced to kill them and it will be a massacre that lasts over 40 years until humanity and pokemanity alike arise from the bloodshed united by boy and his pikachu

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    Sorry to burst your bubble guys (and gals), they ARE real...in a way.

Pokemon (or pocket monsters) were created/thought of by Satoshi Tajiri (hope the spellings right) after he remembered of a time when he collected bugs. Giving this theory then, the bugs and like which satoshi collected are the same as Pokemon of satoshi's (pikachu and such) - in a wierd a$$ philisophical way.

Not only that, Pokemon are designed on real life creatures (pikachu - electric mouse, phanby - elephant, mareep - sheep), so also in a way we live in a world that is surrounded by "pokemon".

i like the way you think!

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    They are real I have a Bidoof!

Nah in all seriousness... I would love for Pokemon to be real. However I cannot get around that they would basically be like normal animals except they shoot fire out of there mouths or what ever. Not cute and cartoony like they are in the games etc.

Would you really want a Grimer? It would be like a large pile of Bubblegum stuck to your carpet. And the flame on Charizard would be way to dangerous for a ten year old.

Decibel

TEH SQUIRTLE!
    Years
    The only reason I wouldn't want pokemon to be real is the fact that I wouldn't want some haunter or gengar scarin me every night in my house.

trivium

pokemon trainer
    Years
    YAY real pokemon that would awesome... but then again it would be bad, think about it they wouldn't look anything like what they look like in the games or on the show and then you got the animal cruelty people saying it would be wrong for them to battle and junk like that. and think about the not so good ones such as magikarp, who would want that, unless it evolves then you can take over the world, but yeah that would be great if they were real.

oh and i voted, 'yeah'!!!!!

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Yes, some Pocket Monsters are real, I swear I've seen a Mudkip.

[/sortakidding]

Do wish I they were real? No. The... um, "abilities" of Pocket Monster are just too destructive. While the imagery and fact of having them would be awesome, imagine the bad aspect of actual Pocket Monster. >__>; Not pretty.

Leaf_PKMN-Trainer

Gardevoir Fangirl
    Years
    Now I'm being serious here, I wholehearedly believe in alternate dimensions. So I voted "Yes". I believe that some alternate reality out there has Pokemon. People said they'd be afraid of something like an angry Tyranitar, well, Pokemon probably wouldn't be too different from animals, they'd likely opt to stay away from Human Civilizations.

Oh, man, I would wish for them to be real.
    But if this became a pokemon-world, and no "normal" animals would exist in it, how would we get our food?
    I just can't help thinking what would become of Miltank and Tauros when the hungry americans demands burgers from McDonalds xD
    Actually, Gastly's Pokedex Entry in FireRed mentions that it can topple an Indian Elephant, and in the anime Gastly turns into a mongoose to scare Jessie's Ekans..What's with Gastly and animals from our world? None the less, it means that they must have real animals in the Pokemon world, you probably just do see them because of how unimportant they are to storylines.

The only reason I wouldn't want pokemon to be real is the fact that I wouldn't want some haunter or gengar scarin me every night in my house.
    Catch it or make friends with it. I'd love to be friends with a Gastly or Haunter.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Now I'm being serious here, I wholehearedly believe in alternate dimensions. So I voted "Yes". I believe that some alternate reality out there has Pokemon. People said they'd be afraid of something like an angry Tyranitar, well, Pokemon probably wouldn't be too different from animals, they'd likely opt to stay away from Human Civilizations.
    I fail to see that logic as Pocket Monsters have abilities that far surpass are own Animal Kingdoms. A Kingdra yawning that causes whirlpools isn't exactly natural... more like natural disaster. Regardless of whether or not they'd refrain from being near us, at some point animals and humans collide, same with Pocket Monsters.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
    Pokemon are real. There's living proof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blobfish

I've always imagined Swalowet purple

~Night

Vidgamer4

Discord: vid#9964
    Years
    that would be really cool if they were real but they aren't :( cuz if they were........Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Of course not. They are just something made up by that Satoshi dude.
    Exactly, based off of one of his childhood hobbies, bug catching.

Although it is kinda nice to find animals and what not that look like or are the foundation for Pocket Monsters. XD;

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
    Well, first we would have to have a definition of what is "real"... Are our experences really real, or have they been implanted into us by some superior being as a joke and that everything we know about reality is a lie? What is realy real anyway? Is anything realy real?

Nah, just kidding. I'm no crackpot. :P

You cannot class a robot as a human just because it's "like" one
    Interesting... I am accually having to do a 25 page thesis on a topic like this..

"**** Sapian" means "Human Wisdom"... So if a robot was as inteligent as a human, would that make it a human, and would it have the same rights as a human?

Although, robots aren't classified in the animal kingdom like humans are, so they cannot be human as robots aren't made of cells. Animals have to be made of cells... Maybe they would be considered "**** Machina"...

Edit: ROFL it censored that word! Well... Use your head and think about what goes there.

We are evolvees of the primates (according to the bog standard evolutionary theory), not them to us.
    Spoiler:

Accually, I thought it was that humans and primates were supposed to be from the same common anscestor...
    Whatever... I consider macro evolution a farce.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    It would be pretty darn awesome if they were :P...Sure they are based off real animals in our world but, still that's just stupid. I haven't had one pet mouse that could control the slightest amount of electricity :/ And my dogs hardly breathe fire or anything.
    Otherwise, sure xD
    I wish they could btw :)

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
    Actually, Gastly's Pokedex Entry in FireRed mentions that it can topple an Indian Elephant, and in the anime Gastly turns into a mongoose to scare Jessie's Ekans..What's with Gastly and animals from our world? None the less, it means that they must have real animals in the Pokemon world, you probably just do see them because of how unimportant they are to storylines.

With the introduction of the Sinnoh pokes, that would probably change from "Indian Elephant", to "Big pointy Mamoswine"
    Gastly? It is a ghost. Ghosts like to.. spook with things and stuff?
    But back to being serious. It is a good point you mention there. It could even be that in some areas, there are no pokemon, because of their rarity, and in yet another area, there are no animals. (Just like pkmn Colloseum and XD)
    That would also explain the meat pretty well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back