• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think pokemon r real?

Do you think pokemon are real?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • No course there not. But i would love it. Living in an unpolluted world cause cars arent needed only bikes or a dragon or a large bird. Yeah i would love it.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • While the fact that Pokemon is designed from real life animals/objects may be true, in no way are Pokemon and animals the same. For example, if a scientist were to create a robot based on the human itself, would it be a human too? No. Therefore, we are NOT surrounded by Pokemon, but only the ideas that helped in the creation of Pokemon and new ideas for the Pokemon series. We are surrounded by animals. Animals are not Pokemon.

We are not surrounded by Pokemon. Pokemon are nowhere to be seen in this world, or as a matter of fact: this universe. Separate dimensions for Pokemon are highly likely. Some look to one's imagination as a whole new dimension and world for a wide assortment and arrangement of ideas.

Ok the above information is getting a little bit too philosophical but then again if there were no animals (just for the purposes of this debate), there would be no pokemon. Would that not class them sorta the same thing then? It's exactly the same way as people think there are dragons (flying ones, that is) - there's no evidence to prove such a thing existed, but the story of a flying dragon is 100's if not 1000's of years old.

As for the scientist creating a robot based on a human - If it had the same characteristics, "mind" (AI) and soul (one thing that differs from inanimate and us), then yes it COULD be classed as being human (but that's for a separate discussion).

If search up google and search for 'real' pokemon, think to yourself "What if I never seen some creature like this before" come back and say what the difference is between a "Pokemon" and an "Animal".

KITANA + I, LUCARIO: You're completely right in saying that the concept of pokemon (evolving, food, catching with pokeballs etc) is impossible, the actual pokemon are real in a way...(as stated in previous post).

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • No it couldn't.

You cannot class a robot as a human just because it's "like" one, otherwise Apes would be classed as "human" which they are not.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
    Years
  • true very true, but it would still be so cool, but very dangerous at the same time, during political votes the ppl would use their opkemon to intimidate and gangs would have dangerous opkemon and they'd make them do dangerous things.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Of course I wish there were Pokemon, I would be just too cool, then again I'm just wishing.

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
  • No it couldn't.

You cannot class a robot as a human just because it's "like" one, otherwise Apes would be classed as "human" which they are not.

We are evolvees of the primates (according to the bog standard evolutionary theory), not them to us.

The classic story of pinochio rings a bell here, and also Bicintenial man (starring robin williams).

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • If they were, I could have fun with some Gardevoirs and Lopunnies

That would be cool

I'd learn Martail Arts through Gallade's telekinesis, obtain ice attacks from Glaceon, and get X-Ray Vision from a luxray.

I could also use an Action Replay to make a 10,000 foot Magikarp or Giratina..hehe...

Bludycomicsinc

If you can read this.....
    Years
  • Yes.I change my mind I do think pokemon are real.See I have proof:
    Do you think pokemon r real?

If that's not Shaymin I don't know who is.

Last edited:

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • I wish with all of my heart that Pokemon were real. What fan in their right mind hasn't? I've created whole stories in my head around it, but my realist ways force me to realize the closest thing we have to Pokemon are the real-life animals they're based off of.

DevinRed

Merry Christmas!
    Years
  • I kinda wish they were...

But when you try to poop and you know there is a 10ft ghost dragon, living in a parallel universe, watching our every move it makes it kinda difficult. :/

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
  • I kinda wish they were...

But when you try to poop and you know there is a 10ft ghost dragon, living in a parallel universe, watching our every move it makes it kinda difficult. :/

lol +rep

We be introducing magical realism to the world.

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • ShadowWind

Senkei Senbonzakura Kageyoshi
    Years
  • Pretty weird question. lol.
    Do you think Pokemon r real?
    I don't.
    Do you WISH pokemon were real?

i wish it was but it is real in an alternate universe and one of its super genius residents could not stand the dangerous little demons wandering throughout the world attacking us so he made a machine that could transfer him to other dimensions by harnessing the power of palkia so at about 1995 he arrived here in our dimension(in the japan area) and got to work on commercializing the terrifying world he came from and a few years later his work payed off

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2008
    I wish they were real!!! :S:S:S
    It would be SO cool!!!

@ shadow wind: Nice Explanation..! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back