• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think that one day we will look back on gen V games, and feel nostalgia?

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    when we look aboute genI pokemon,like dragonite we say "ah.. thats classic!,good times!".
    maybe,like 10 years from now we will look back on the GenV pokemon,and feel the same way?

Mod note: This is only for Black and White and how you'll feel nostalgic with them (games as well as Pokemon). Replying about the anime, or making the whole post about other games will get your post deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    It's a possibility, especially for people who are just jumping into the series at this point. Give it the time, an it will become like wine.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    It can happen. To use myself as an example, I got into Pokémon with FRLG, so I look back on those games (and especially the music) and melt into a puddle of nostalgia-ness. So it could happen for people who are just getting on the bandwagon now.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I look at DPPt with nostalgia, so I'm definitely going to look back at BW, especially since it reminds me of college for some reason. XD; It's funny to think I was so young when RB came out in America, and now I'm in college and here's BW. But yeah, I'll look back at BW and remember it being one of the games I was addicted to my first semester of college. :) Plus I'll remember Seed bby<33

Years
    I sure hope so, the pokemon this gen look really bad to me (except the snivy evo line for some reason) but maybe i'll warm up to them like i did with the gen 4 pokes

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Considering the 4th generation games are among my favorites, yes, of course I'll look back on them with nostalgia. The first time you experience anything is always the most memorable because you only get that experience once. That being said, I already feel nostalgic while looking back at the newer games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I discovered the Games with RSE and as you can see I'm very Nostaligic about Hoenn after 5 years (started with Emerald)...(wow has it really bit that bit and we are already in gen 5!!!...then again E was the end of gen 3...) and I'm beginning to feel the same about Pt and SS...so yeah by the end of this gen I will already be Nostalgic.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
    I probably will in about 10 years. The nostalgia might not be the same as it is with gen 1 pokemon though because gen 1 was static with very bad looking sprites compared to now.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Well d'uh. Funny thing, I replayed Platinum, just the first 10 minutes made me go "aww, I remember that". And also HG then SS, and I only started playing those in September, and the latter today. I felt nostalgia in SS after playing HG.

Mod note: If you wish to reply again, include more Black/White content in your post. As it is, it's borderline.

Last edited by a moderator:

yuki3056

Grass Types own
    Years
    Probably not me. I mean I started with pokemon on the orignals red and blue so I doubt looking back will cause nostalgia for me...my nostalgia ends with Gen 2 and probably always will.

The Red Chain

There are only two Pokemon generations I will probably ever have nostalgia for : RGBY & GSC.
    For me to have nostalgia means that I have to have grown up with that game/movie/show whatever.
    Being that I'm heading into my older years, I do not see myself having nostalgia with Gen 5.

Maybe 10-20 years from now I will, but until then, probably not. XD;

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
    Years
    Maybe not at this current time, but 5 years or so, I can say I'll have budding nostalgia for it!

As for now, I have to enjoy it first. :P

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yes... all games posses things that make me feel that way when I look back on them later.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
    Each gen was the first and greatest for someone. I already feel nostalgic about sitting up all night waiting for the next Gen 5 design to be leaked.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
    Years
    Possibly, but I honestly doubt it. It probably has something to do with my age. I know for a fact that I wont be very nostalgic for Gen IV. The first 3 Gens I will always have nostalgia for though.

I think nostalgia is usually a longing for childhood memories, which probably explains it.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
    Depends. If you grew up with Gen V, then yeah, but I won't feel nostalgic when I look back at B/W.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Lol I'm already beginning to feel Nostalgia of this gen, I keep thinking about how they were all introduced and the fun we all had with seeing the new gen 5 pokemon...

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    As others have mentioned, it's really all about how new you are to the Pokemon franchise, or even your age. It's quite possible people already exposed to Pokemon will feel something later on, but for that someone... it'll be no where near the nostalgia effects of say someone who grew up with Red/Blue/Green/Yellow. That's at least the way I see it and feel about it.

Back