• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think the anime has gone Downfall?

Is the Anime Falling?

• Yes

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • No

Votes: 25 73.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JuniorGlaceonFan

Glaceon Go!
    Years
    I personally think the Anime has been doing fine.I followed it since the beginning and i think its still Good as it was before but not as great.
    So I'm hoping on seeing other peoples opinions

The_Noob

Banned
    Years
    Downhill's a better word.

Also, I think we're just seeing it more for what it truly is and was - a cheesy, gimmicky, memetic, marketing-based kid's show - without the nostalgia goggles on.

BTW, it was only meant to run two or one and a half years, as it was expected that Pokemon would die out after Generation II. Oh how wrong they were. As such, this is why the show is now all stilted dialouge and resetting and retarded Ash never taking out Pokemon that could actually help him like Charizard for his League battles.

The show, past the end of the Orange Islands and Johto, could really be described as a corpse rotting away very slowly. People always complained about the stink, but now it's really smelling.

Noob out.

Pikachewy

Should be doing homework atm.
    Years
    I thought it was better than before... The graphics, storyline and everything. Just a bit better, not a whole chunk.

Oh, I mean that by 'Best wishes'.

A personal opinion :P

The Nightmare

"I fight for what I belive in"
    Years
    It has been dropping since they showed johto people didn't like it because it was babyish and people didn't like that but people started likeing the game than the anime because you do more fun than watching the anime.

JuniorGlaceonFan

Glaceon Go!
    Years
    It has been dropping since they showed johto people didn't like it because it was babyish and people didn't like that but people started likeing the game than the anime because you do more fun than watching the anime.

Im Guessing its true what you say.its sucks that they are targeting kids now :/

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    Uh, what? Lrn2grammar.

And by the way, the games have always been great. The anime was good for the first season, but second season onward it became kiddy, chidlish, a cartoon. The games still maintained their appeal to me though. I've gotten every game so far in the main generations.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I wouldn't say it's going downhill. I liked the first two regions. I didn't like Hoenn or the Sinnoh seasons, because they were too long. Black & White/Unova definitely impressed me, and I adore the series.

JuniorGlaceonFan

Glaceon Go!
    Years
    I wouldn't say it's going downhill. I liked the first two regions. I didn't like Hoenn or the Sinnoh seasons, because they were too long. Black & White/Unova definitely impressed me, and I adore the series.

I Like them too but not as much as the 1st anime.Black and white though is interesting

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    am I the only one that found it unacceptable that Jessie and James nearly got away with stealing Pikachu twice only to be stopped by Oshowatt and Tepig that weren't even Ash's yet?
    Am I the only one bothered that they have chased around a kid for 5 years attempting to steal a weak, electric rat and get their asses kicked every single time?

Lamest villains ever.

JuniorGlaceonFan

Glaceon Go!
    Years
    am I the only one that found it unacceptable that Jessie and James nearly got away with stealing Pikachu twice only to be stopped by Oshowatt and Tepig that weren't even Ash's yet?

Really?O_O i Guess i missed that.You know that is unacceptable.Ash must be Losing His Touch XD

Am I the only one bothered that they have chased around a kid for 5 years attempting to steal a weak, electric rat and get their asses kicked every single time?

Lamest villains ever.

The thing thats pretty weird and bothers me that Ash and Co could never tell the difference between the original Team Rocket and when they have their"Disguises on"

Last edited:

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Of course not, but then again - this is all just a matter of opinion.

Though I know a lot of members on this forum stopped watching it because they thought it went "Downhill" after Misty left - but honestly I won't say that ment the anime was going downhill, people were just angry they lost their favourite character.

If anything I would have to say there are some quantities that the Anime has sort of lost through the ages from the original series. A sort of "spark" if you will, in any sense it's the comedy for me. I always remember laughing my head off watching the original series - I was watching an episode from the "orange island" series a few days ago with my little brother on Pokemon.com. He couldn't stop laughing...

Though other than that it has for sure improved - Better Graphics, implemented storylines, characters - it goes on, and on...

So yeah - No it hasn't gone downhill - Final Answer!

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I personally think no.. Even though i still prefer Ash's first traveling partners (Misty and Brock), i still like the pokemon anime at its finest. I don't really care about those shippings things as i only watch the pokemon anime for the pokemons itself (well i study pokemons cause i get ideas from them for my drawings). So i voted NO.

Back