• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Do you think the Gym leaders are too easy this generation?

Deathbot

Chicken Apocalypse Survivor
Years
  • I just beat Gym 4 (Grass) without taking a hit while using my Mega Charizard. To be honest I've had more trouble with a few random trainers than I have with the gyms so far.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    1) AI still more or less poor
    2) not much thought given to make gym leaders party more strategic/difficult in general
    3) super training + exp share makes your party much more stronger overall

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
    Years
  • Well... The Rock gym kicked me in the rear a few times, but that was due to my over reliance on fire type Pokemon... XD

Otherwise, I agree. I steamrolled the rest of the gyms without trouble.

Years
  • I think the reason they are so easy is

1 none of the gyms use more than 3 pokemon ,i mean really an 8th gym with only 3 pokemon that's just ridiculous
    2 no really type coverage this is really pertinent in the ice gym, i mean no ice water type to cover fire resistance really they could have at least made it mega abomasnow.
    3 the new Exp-share is OP, when you can raise an entire team when only using 2 of them & without really fight wild pokemon that's OP.

don't even get me started on the E4, & i thought last gens E4 was bad.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2013
    It all depends on the person and what pokemon they have, i know i experienced difficulty in one of the elite 4 members because of having majority of fire-type pokemon it was difficult but it all depends on the person, their pokemon, and their ability to either train or use the right pokemon match ups..although it was quiet easy i have never had trouble with gym leaders in any other gen and ive played since first gen.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • I tried challenging Korrina and she killed me. Hawlucha is a pain.
    Honestly, the Exp. Share seemed so overpowered to me and I turned it off. Even after getting smashed by Korrina, I'll still have it turned off.

I'm limiting myself about some things. I want to make the game feel harder.
    But still, it wouldn't hurt at all to improve the AI just a bit and make at least 3 Gym Leaders have more than 3 Pokémon.

Back