• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you think X&Y Anime will be the end?

Foxing Buizel

*Turns head* *Bui!"
Years
  • What I find is a possibly, is that when or if the Pokémon X&Y Anime has come to it's conclusion, do you think it may be the end of the much beloved Pokémon anime series? I have heard rumors that it could be the last season ever produced.

Pokémon anime was the spark that got me liking Pokémon. I would be so upset if that was the case.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    That what majority of Fans want .
    Ash should achieve his goal and leave the throne for someone else now.

I hope not.
    I liked & still like the anime way more than the games. Know that pokemon will have to end someday, but not yet. pokemon still needs to have 20 years of existence first.

I think he meant only the Anime which should end by right now !!!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Nope, let's not hope it's so and I believe most agree. I don't know, after X&Y's 3D boost I feel the anime is the only thing that still labels it a "kid's franchise". And that they still need to get a good mascot in front.

Foxing Buizel

*Turns head* *Bui!"
    Years
  • I agreed, the anime will be the only thing that could keep labelling it as a kids franchise. The games are starting to be more for the older audience IMHO.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • What I find is a possibly, is that when or if the Pokémon X&Y Anime has come to it's conclusion, do you think it may be the end of the much beloved Pokémon anime series? I have heard rumors that it could be the last season ever produced.

Pokémon anime was the spark that got me liking Pokémon. I would be so upset if that was the case.

That rumor is always around at the start of the season. I doubt it. He might win league, which we thought he would in Unova and he went backwards. He might get 4th or 2nd again and lose. There will be a new region, he may win and then there is a whole new saga of him challenging the Elite 4's and Champions.

Remember to be a master you have to become a champion of the E4 not the League. All the League does is open up the Champion's league. And if he beats a champion. They can make some other league where all the Champions of the E4 battle and that he when I can see his father appearing to battle him. Also remember, Ash said that he would catch every pokemon.

We already know there is another region thanks to the games hinting it saying that one of the characters is not from any of the current regions.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Well, many kids got first introduced to the series by anime. Anime is a big part of the franchise so it won't stop anytime soon.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • That what majority of Fans want .
    Ash should achieve his goal and leave the throne for someone else now.
    I didn't know you had intel on what the majority of the fans wanted. I'm sure on the internet there may be a very loud and popular crowd saying they want the anime to end or they want Ash to be replaced, but that's just a small fraction compared to the overall number of people actually watching the anime. Who's to say what the majority of the fans really want?

I don't feel there's any reason to believe that X/Y will be the final season for the anime nor will it be the final season with Ash and Pikachu. The show is one giant commercial for the games, and so long as the games are going I can see the anime going just as long.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2013
    I wouldn't mind if it's the end. What I would mind is if they stop Pokemon Anime altogether. I'm hinting that they should probably make a completely different series.

Guest123_x1

These kind of rumors pop up every time a new generation is released. As long as they continue to create new regions and base new games on them, they'll be sending Ash and Pikachu to those regions in the anime when their corresponding games are released.

Back