• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you turn the music on or off when you play Pokémon games?

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
Years
  • Do you turn the music on or off when you play Pokémon games?

I turn it off and listen to my iPod. It becomes monotonous shortly into the games, I think anyway. But I always turn it back on if I'm in a gym battle, battling the elite 4, when a Pokémon is evolving, an egg is hatching or when something cool is happening, like battling Kyogre or Diagla etc.

What about you guys?

Edit: If you do not listen to the games' music, what do you like listen to instead?

Last edited:
    Years
  • On a first playthrough I love to take in the music, but otherwise I'm normally around others when I play, so it's not exactly considerate to have the music playing. :X

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I love turing on my own music when I play. Especially on wifi. Too Much by Tech N9ne is a great song to listen to on Wifi

Tokin

:3
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    the tunes are nice but can get repetitive so I normally listen to something else^^

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    If I'm sitting by myself and playing I'll probably leave the volume about halfway up, just because I'm a fan of the music in the series. As a matter of fact, I downloaded the soundtrack from the Metal Gen games not too long ago. xD;

But like Erebus mentioned, when there's other people around, which there usually is, I always turn the sound off completely. My family members don't appreciate it when I walk into a room with them and all they can hear is the Pokémon Centre theme, not that they should, it wouldn't exactly be the polite thing to do. =/

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Like Erebus, it sort of depends if I'm around people. On long journeys I'll plug in my iPod headphones (they look great with my white DS) and if I'm at home I might plug my portable speakers in. I don't mind the music =)

If I'm playing at work or in a room of people in a social situation though, I turn it off.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
  • I love listening to my music when I play. :) My favorite songs to listen to while playing are "Niemand" by Battlecats and "Chop Suey!" by System of a Down. I also like "Du Hast" by Rammstein and "The Day That Never Comes" and "Enter Sandman" by Metallica.

Years
  • It depends on the situation. If I am unable to listen to my own music, I will listen to the game's own music. However if I can, I will listen to my own music.

Gyroh

Sin Comentarios
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2009
    I hate playing a game and not being able to listen to it. So I do have the game's volume up when I play.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I usually listen to my own music, but if I can't, I just leave the music for the game on. I'd rather be listening to my own music than the in game music.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I think that the games have some of the best music in the franchise. So basically, I just keep the music on full volume especially during gym battles, the Elite Four, and battling the champion.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I tend to leave it off, esspecially when I'm walking around in the wild, but I turn it up when I battle Frontier Brains, Legends, The Champion. Just to try and add to the moment, sure battling the Champion or some legends isn't exactly that awe inspiring but if it was real life it'd be an awesome moment.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I generally have it down because I'm usually playing in front of others, but by myself I occasionally turn it up

Heiheipig

- This is Madness? -
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2009
    I usually have it somewhere between soft and non-existant, just so I can faintly hear what's happening (usually watching TV with battles and stuff). The background music is fine but it kinda gets repetitive after 10+ minutes.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It depends if the place is quiet and all I'm doing is playing my game I have it on, if I'm listening to other music then I keep it off. I also keep it off if I'm watching TV...

EffervescentEevee

Eevee Breeder
    Years
  • When I play, I love to listen to the Pirates of the Carribbean music and music from the Pokémon movie soundtracks.:)

Maybe I should edit my first post and add "What kind of music do you like to listen to when playing Pokémon games?" ....

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2009
    wewllllll

well i listen occasionally but i will listen to my zune on certain moods

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I always listen to the music in the games. I'm a big fan of the background songs, and I've imported many of the soundtracks from Japan. To me, Pokémon just isn't the same without the music.

thatrabidfangirl

*sweatdrops*
    Years
  • I love most of the music, especially the Secret Base music and the Jagged Pass music (on Sapphire), but I don't usually listen to it, because I either a) play it at night in bed, or b) play it in front of the TV when other people are watching it. But I love it still, and I play them in my head because I know them all. Something to be proud of!

Back