• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Use Legendaries or Not?

Do you use Legendaries?

• Yes

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Only for a challenge

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
Years
  • Me and my friend were having a debate about this the other day. Do you think it's fair to use legendaries in Pokémon games? (not in battles against your friends, just in the main game) or do you not use them, just for a chellenge?

Her argument: They're too powerful and it's not fair. And it's a challenge not to use them.
    My argument: They're in the storyline and they wouldn't be there if you werent meant to catch and battle with them.

Your thoughts?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I don't really like to use them, but if I'm playing an older game like the GSC series, I usually do, just because that's really the only game I can get them legitimately, so I see no problem there. Now, if someone is playing DPPt and running Mesprit, Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Azelf, Uxie, etc., etc., then that's a problem. That's where the challenge in the game is ruined, in my opinion. Having a team of complete pwnage is just not my idea of "fun". Maybe two legendaries at max, but nothing past that for me, but again, it's very rare to see me running with one.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I have to agree with your argument there put in the games so you can capture and battle with them and yes I do use legendaries in the main game.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Yes, they're put in the games so you can easily catch and use them.

I used to use the titular legendary in order to defeat the Elite Four, but it's just not as satisfying as using a team of normal Pokémon you've raised yourself.

So no, I don't any more. I might collect them, but I don't tend to use them.

Dawn_

Loves Manaphy <3
    Years
  • I only catch and use the legendairies who i like. for example : manaphy, mesprit and Cresselia,, but most off all i like 2 make my owne pokemon party's

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • I usually only have the one, then the other five are just regular pokémon with good movesets and raised well.

sabapple

Fly High☆
    Years
  • I have never used legendaries. I collect them but not use them. I think that it's much more satisfying using a team of Pokemon that you have raised yourself from an egg or very low level, not using a Pokemon that you caught at level 70 or something.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    I don't use legendaries, because that takes all the fun and challenge out of the game. I may use a psuedolegendary like Tyranitar, but that's because I can look at it and say "Look how far this thing came, it used to be weak.".

ReignOfComputer

~éXtRéMé HaXoR~
    Years
  • I see no difference between the legends and the normal Pokemon. I rather classify my Pokemon under Battle Tiers, which sort out and classify the Pokemon better. This is as there are also many useless Legendaries that can't even battle.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years
  • I know legendaries are powerful, but I don't believe in using them for battles, so I am using both of your opinions in my thoughts. I may have to use them for Rank 6 of Magma since people are starting to go uber legendary on me.

-Infinite Meditation

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • Sometimes I use them and other times I dont. Most of the time I use them for battles only if the other person is fine with it.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    no, i don't. they take the fun out of the game and it's unoriginal due to the fact that almost EVERYONE uses them. i just catch them and let them rot in my PC.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Hell, unless battling them is a part of the story, I never even battle them. They're too hard to catch proportional to how useful they would be if I suddenly included them in my team...besides, there's nothing more satisfying than beating a n00b who uses nothing but legendaries on wi-fi using only a team of fully-evolved early-game common pokemon. XD

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • the only legendary Pokemon I use is Giratina. But I don't use Giratina all the time, but it doesn't take the fun out of the whole game for me since you can't use Gira in the battle frontier......i like to use it in Pokemon Super Contest

:t354:TG

Sackferth

Fonetics Phanatic
    Years
  • I tend to not use legendaries because I never use a team of six. That means that the two or three Pokemon I am training and battling with are usually higher Lvls than the legendaries when I get to them so using them would have an adverse effect on my team.

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
  • Yes, I think it's fair. But I don't use them so much. I use them to heal my pokemon then attack until they die ~

Air Pichu

We're Safe and Sound~
    Years
  • I use them in battle sometimes.

But I just normally use them as blockers to give me time.

Integra Hellsing

The Convention of Twelve
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    I was used to use always my legendaries once I would catch them, later on I left this and now I avoid using them most of the time. I prefer to use them in the Elite Four, just to make things even more quicker.

Riggzyd

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    I have never used legendaries. I collect them but not use them. I think that it's much more satisfying using a team of Pokemon that you have raised yourself from an egg or very low level, not using a Pokemon that you caught at level 70 or something.

Same here i dont like using legendarys

Torii

GX Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2011
    I don't use them i cant stand the fact that there naturally powerful i catch them to show off that i indeed did catch them to prove i can catch all these powerful pokemon mostly to show off though~
    Teeheehee~

Back