• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Rare Candies?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    I currently have 3 unused Rare Candies because I would rather get EV points than just level them up. I also avoid using the Exp. Share.

oFrEqUeNTx

Pip-To-Da-Lups!
    Years
    Yes,I use them to check Ivs on my pokemon. Iv battles are pointless for me >.> Tho,its more accurate..
    But finding someone to do it,then adding the FC,waiting for the other person,blah and blah....
    So,rare candies for me! ^_^

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    Yeah, I usually save them all til the end so I can raise my Pokemon several levels in one sitting.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I only use them whenever im too lazy to actually train my pokemon or when I really want to level my pokemon.

Years
    Yeah. I'd usually use them on an Evo. level, IF they evolve by leveling.

Or, I save them for when my pokes are lvl 99..... Then again, that's a GREAT time for EV training.

Eh, I never go through with it anyways XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I actively save Rare Candies for the purpose of IV checking. I have 27 saved up at this point, which is enough for a pretty accurate check. I'll use them, take note of the Pokemon's stats, reset the game, rinse and repeat. So technically I do use them, just not in the normal sense.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Well , I now have all my Rares in Pt. (which is like ... 90 ? ) . I just have them in Medicine for Showcase but all I have from Sapphire and FR (and I keep getting) gets transferred to Platinum .

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 15, 2024
    I rarely use rare candies.
    I currently have 6 unused rare candies in my platinum version.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
    In Platinum i've only used one RC. I did it because I was too lazy to go all the way through Mt. Coronet to find the higher-levelled pokemon so that my Modest Magneton could evolve into a Magnezone. >_>

In Emerald, I just used my 4 Rare Candies on my Metagross to elevate it from Lv. 95 to Lv. 99 just because I didn't want to go through 4 more of "Exp. remaining till level up: 30000+"
    I just didn't want to train that much at the time.

I'm probably not going to use them anymore. Seeing as I can have IV battles with a friend, and with the introduction of the Power items (god bless you, Nintendo) I think it's easier to EV train too.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    I use the candies purely for IV checking, so I pool them.
    But I've pooled too much, and have around 150-ish shared between P/Pt/SS.

Maiev

// corazon elegante;~
    Years
    I don't use them. I just wanna be fair. C:

And I suppose it's better to level'd up your pokemon than using Rare Candies. ;P

spann3rman

Lugia is my biatch oh yeah!
    Years
    I save my rare candies for newly hatched pokemon or eevee's. that way if i want them to evolve i dose them up on protiens and calciums then give them that rare candy. Then Bingo, it evolves =)

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I don't remember the time when I last used them. I usually attach them to my to-be-traided pokemon.

But..they're candies and they are rare, so it would have been only fair if trainers would have fed them to their pokemon. Probably they taste real nice 0_0

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2017
    This is definately off topic but is it against the pc rules to ask for someone's friend number for trade evolving?

Back