• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you use Rare Candies?

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    What's wrong with EXP. SHARE? You still get EV's off of them. Besides, unless you're a competitive player, it's not like the loss in EV's will make a significant difference anyway. All it does is save you from having to fight 30+ Pokemon at Victory road.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I don't even remember the last time I actually used a rare candy. I don't sell them though. Usually they just collect dust in my bag all game.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I use them on occasion, usually to level up members of my party which are really lagging behind, or when I'm EV training and I want to apply the EVs I've gathered. (Seriously, it's easier to count how many EVs you've applied if you know their base stat gains)

Rare candies are pretty useful though. Anyone who thinks they're n00bish ought to rethink their strategy.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    I use them to check newly bred pokemon's IVs. I save, Rare Candy it to lv 20-30, check IVs (approx) and then soft reset.

Benzee

I got your number, on the wall
    Years
    I never use them except in my Blue version after I beat the Pokemon League. I'm trying to get a full pokedex, and I'm too lazy to train all the pokemon. Besides, when you have infinite rare candies, there's no point in not using them. Also in Blue, there's no point in getting EV's seeing as there's no WiFi battles. I say good day. Wait, are there even EV's in Gen 1? I forget.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I do sometimes, but I used to a lot more, until I read something on EV training and everyone went "NOO! TEH RAR CANDIEZ IZ EBIL!!" or words to that effect.
    I don't EV train, but I l still don't use them very often any more.

xX

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2009
    Well, at the moment i have *checking my DS* 865 Rare candies. (ofc i use AR)

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I use them on all of my Pokemon, as I have an infinite amount of them; it says I have 999, but if I use all those I have 999 more. (I am a cheater and I'm proud)

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2009
    I always use rare candys as i can't always be bothered spending a lot of time leveling up.

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
    I use them sometimes when my pokemon is low level so i can get it to like idk say 20 alot faster then i use some around the lvl 90s cuz im to lazy :)

Back