• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Use Your Favorite Pokemon ?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Considering that some Pokemon became my favorites because I used them on a team: yes. I always try to incorporate at least one of my favorites on each team that I play, whether it be like... Espeon, or for the fifth generation I made sure to have a Chandelure on my team.

Years
    Well, I don't really have a favorite Pokemon. I have a few that I really like. Now, in regards to the "strong" thing, my favorite Pokemon typically are a combination of how good they are AND how they look. I do use one or two of my favorite Pokemon in my party. I love Galvantula and it's in my party. :)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    The only time since Diamond that I haven't had a Cherrim on my team is with Black, because I played it the way it was "meant" to be played and didn't want to trade any old Pokémon in. A friend even offered to trade me one since he was done with the game long before I was and I declined.

Then in White I traded a Cherubi in. I am thinking of playing BW again and using Whimsicott instead of Cherrim once though. D:

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
    I use whatever I feel like raising, or Pokemon I haven't raised yet. But I have a lot of favorites, so I typically end up with them anyway. :P

I ditto this, I too raise what I feel like raising. The only time I use a pokemon I would not have chosen to use is if a certain type is needed for a gym but none of my current team is really a god enough advantage to it.

One example of this is when I needed to battle for the freeze badge in my Black. I did not have a pokemon on me with a high advantage to ice. So I switched out for my timburr which I raised to a gurdurr to level 40 or somewhere around there. He defeated Brycen(although it took a few hyper potions for him to keep surviving the beartic, phew that thing was tough), and then I sent him back to the box when I decided I no longer wanted him.

I usually have at least one spot in my team for switching out if I need a certain type for a gym which I am not already carrying in my preferred team.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I don't always use Vaporeon in all of my teams. I do however like to use them and if I'm doing a challenge that will allow it then I will use Vaporeon most likely. And the really good thing is that Vaporeon are very strong in battle as well so there isn't that big of a downside to using on in an in game team or a competitive team.

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
    My favorite is Glaceon. I have yet to get one in White version, but I had a non-EV trained one in the 4th Gen games on every playthrough ASAP.

Years
    I never use pokémon for the sake of being strong. I only ever battle with my favourites :D

this.
    i can see why people use strong pokemon just because they are strong in competitive battling, but in the single player there really isnt any reason not to use you favourites, if they are available.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Yes, my favorite (Persian) is always on my team. Yeah, she isn't the strongest, but she annoys pretty well with Fake Out and STAB Return can do some pretty decent damage.

Years
    My favorite is.... well I do think it's obvious who my favorite is despite the Emolga avatar (n n)

But yeah, I use my Gothitelle for everything, I even beat 2 whole stadiums and one whole party with just her. Because the powers she can learn are awesome. :Also I can play on my weaknesses.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    mu fav is magmortar, and yes, i traded with my cousin in soulsilver to get it !!

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    Depends on the game. My favorites are Charizard and Piplup (until Unova) and I used Charizard in Firered but not in any other. However, I then traded him into every region except Hoenn and Unova after I beat the games. With Piplup I only had one in Diamond.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    Raichu is my favorite pokemon and I used to use it in every game I played. It got old over the years and I decided to try using other electric types. I may not use it now, but I always loved using Raichu on my team.

Back