• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do You Use Your Favorite Pokemon ?

Ryoji

Transfer Student
Years
  • A lot of players tend to only use strong Pokemon, rather than the ones they actually like. Is your favorite Pokemon in your current team ? And what role does it play ?

My favorite Pokemon is Grovyle and he's pretty frail so I usually end up having to baton pass a few speed boosts / sword dances on to him lol.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • My favorite is Cubone. I don't actually usually use it. I did have one in my Diamond team, and it came to good use for HMs. However, I tend to prefer to use more strong Ground Pokemon for that role in battle.

Even so, I use strong Pokemon that I like. Like for fire I use Arcanine a lot of the time, and it has always been one of my favorites.

I always have a flying type, as well. Even though they aren't the strongest.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I use whatever I feel like raising, or Pokemon I haven't raised yet. But I have a lot of favorites, so I typically end up with them anyway. :P

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've got a bunch of favorites, but two of my absolute favorites are Legendaries (Mewtwo and Lugia.) I'm not huge on using Legendaries on my team, so no I don't use them. However, the rest of my favorites I do use. Gengar, Togekiss, Musharna, and the list goes on. They all serve a purpose and I usually have a good time using them. Only one I don't use at all is Cyndaquil haha, I don't think he would last very long. :(

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • For the most part, I normally like the final evolutions of Pokemon the best anyway... can't be dealing with 'cute' baby Pokemon or even prevolutions, for the most part. My current team in Black has 2 of my favourite Pokemon (Aerodactyl and Kingdra) and 1 critter who will become one of my faves (Litwick).

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    One of my favourite Pokemon is Breloom! :) I always have one on my team when I'm playing Pokemon Ruby and I like to transfer Shroomishes to other games so I can have Brelooms there too~

When Black and White came out, I took a good look at all the Pokemon available and picked a bunch that I liked (and that balanced out my team nicely). Right now, my party's full of some of my personal favourites (the Sandile line, the Rufflet line, and eventually the Joltik and Frillish lines as well), so I'm pretty happy with it.

tl;dr, yeah, I use my favourite Pokemon in the game. XD It would kind of boring if I didn't.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
  • I use them when I can, but if they aren't available while playing, I make due without them.

Would be mostly Blaziken, Lucario, Metagross and Tyranitar.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    I use them on my main team on Pearl, which are Flygon, Garchomp, and Arcanine. :3 Usually can wipe the E4 with these Pokemons.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    When I'm playing competitively I pretty much have a balanced team with carefully divided EVs and well bred IVs and Stats.

However, I run through the actual game with my favourites and I still love going to the Battle Subway or going on Random Match-Up with my team of favourite Pokemon. :)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    My favourite is Combusken, so I don't like to use him that much or the novelty will wear off.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I use the strong Pokemon that I like. In B/W, I'll be using Excadrill and Scolipede, my favorite Gen V Pokemon.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I don't use them because they are my favorites, they are my favorites because I use them!

Brawly

Gym Leader
    Years
  • My favorite Pokemon is makuhita, I rarely use him competitively but when I do, I usually set up with ninjask and baton pass +6 speed boost and then belly drum while subbed and begin to sweep lol.

Influential_Mew

EeVee Trainer
    Years
  • Yes, all the time. In fact, I tend to transfer my favorites from past generation games to the current one. Truth be told that I have no generation V pokemon in my roster.

Last edited:
    Back