• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Ash to be replaced?

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I'd just say keep him on the show, and I can continue on not watching the show.
    But that isn't a solution to our problem.
    We can't just switch off the television set and sit like that. We are here at PC because we love Pokemon, and want to see the show improve.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I would like to see more Silver, less Ash, even though Ash is cool. I couldn't really imagine Pokemon without him, but I would really like to see Pokemon from a rival's point of view. Kind of like Silver or Gary. Someone a bit more... Mean spirited?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ash symbolises Pokemon anime imo, and if he were to be replaced, then it better be by his future children travelling with his Pikachu, otherwise it just won't have the same appeal as Ash does if he's replaced with anyone else.

But overall? No, I don't want him to be replaced.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    I would like to see more Silver, less Ash, even though Ash is cool. I couldn't really imagine Pokemon without him, but I would really like to see Pokemon from a rival's point of view. Kind of like Silver or Gary. Someone a bit more... Mean spirited?
    ^
    That was quite the reply I was looking for. XD; I would love it if the show was centered around any one of Ash's major rivals, even if for a few episodes. They often have a training and battling style completely different to that of Ash, so it would be interesting if the show also focussed around someone like Paul or Gary.

NO.

Its just nt possible.... Removing ash is like saying water is a flamable substance.
    I fail to see the possible connection between the two. :/

Ash symbolises Pokemon anime imo, and if he were to be replaced, then it better be by his future children travelling with his Pikachu, otherwise it just won't have the same appeal as Ash does if he's replaced with anyone else.
    Why Pikachu? ._.;

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2023
    I would want ash to eventually be replaced, but only if he had a proper finale and buildup to said finale. Just simply replacing him will not do..

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2016
    he should never be replaced, it would kill the show

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I wouldn't mind to see it happen, it would be interesting to have a new protaganist.
    Plus it would most likely make the show more exciting.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    Another reason I am against this is because he is the main character. Most shows end when a main character leaves...or they just don't do it. The supporting cast can come and go, but the main character stays. Ash Ketchum and Pikachu ARE Pokémon. They won't leave, and when they do, it will be when the series finally ends. haha, yes I feel strongly about it!

Years
    Meeeh... sometimes I think it would be nice if Ash were to be replaced... But then the show would basically be ruined. =/ What they SHOULD do is go back to the old Ash that was more childish, and wasn't so... lame. T_T

I can't stand Ash AND Pikachu's personalities. Back when the show first started, Pikachu was more spunky, and Ash was more... excitable. It gave the show some humor... Now they're practically dead to me. But still, I don't think Ash should be replaced. :x

Years
    If you haen't noticed yet, Ash has been maturing. You have to remember, the anime started when he was 10! And with Pokemon; Best Wishes, he seems to mature even more.
    Ash is confirmed to still be 10 years-old. Physically, he hasn't age a bit.

Meeeh... sometimes I think it would be nice if Ash were to be replaced... But then the show would basically be ruined. =/ What they SHOULD do is go back to the old Ash that was more childish, and wasn't so... lame. T_T

I can't stand Ash AND Pikachu's personalities. Back when the show first started, Pikachu was more spunky, and Ash was more... excitable. It gave the show some humor... Now they're practically dead to me. But still, I don't think Ash should be replaced. :x
    I remember when Ash would (attempt to) beat-up anyone for even looking at him funny.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    If you haen't noticed yet, Ash has been maturing. You have to remember, the anime started when he was 10! And with Pokemon; Best Wishes, he seems to mature even more.
    Characters in the Anime do not age, and hence, I can't see Ash maturing or even learning from his mistakes. Many a times he doesn't care about type advantages, eg. He continued to use Grotle against Paul's Honchkrow even when he knew that Grotle was at a disadvantage.
    Not only that, he tends to forget that a wild Pokemon is to be weakened before throwing a Pokeball at it.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    simple fact
    ash replaced means no more jessie and james
    and i dont want that =P
    Why so?
    The Rocket Trio could go find someone else to steal Pokemon from. But because they seem to want only Pikachu, I guess... I guess you are partially right. But, I've seen them steal other Pokemon as well.

zlip

______
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    yes! im really sick of hi annying voice and chiche' jokes. Then again who would have the personaltiy of teaching kids to do good, be cool and be a pokemon lover at the same time? :/

Back