• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Do you want japan to keep glitches on US D/P versions?

pokefan123

Arceus and Darkrai master
Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2007
    I am here just to ask a simple question:do you think the U.S. D/P versions should have kept the glitches?

I believe yes since it isnt fair just to go to japan to get an event pokemon like darkrai.We US people get mad a lot of times since japan gets earlier release dates,but we should at least get some glitches like the surf on E4 wall,etc.

So,do you think that Japan should've kept the glitches on the US D/P versions?simply answer yes or no and if you want to add tell why u support your answer,with some comments of course.

Yes:0

No :0

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    No. Why? Because the glitches weren't made on purpose, and aren't supposed to be there in the first place. So the surfing on the E4 wall isn't supposed to exist even, and was a simple mistake. Aka, that's what we call a glitch.

Japan gets earlier release dates because the games were originally developed in Japan, and translating them to English takes up quite a lot of time. Besides, you won't need to go to Japan to get a Darkrai, as I'm almost sure there'll be an event sooner or later for that.

Plus, games never keep glitches, obviously. Y'know, because they're glitches.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • No because you're making it seem like they did it on purpose. It was a mistake and mistakes are meant to be fixed.

EDIT: Wakachamo beat me to it =(

pokefan123

Arceus and Darkrai master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2007
    Well those are good points,i guess even im convinced now,so its like 4-0

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • No because otherwise you're not playing the game fairly, and in the pokemon tv show, do you see ash surfing on a door? No, you don't. Anyways, glitches that were either to hard to fix or were discovered after Diamond and Pearl came out in America are still there. Anyways, through development new glitches are made, so there might be another way to get Dialga and Palka after all.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • No because otherwise you're not playing the game fairly, and in the pokemon tv show, do you see ash surfing on a door? No, you don't. Anyways, glitches that were either to hard to fix or were discovered after Diamond and Pearl came out in America are still there. Anyways, through development new glitches are made, so there might be another way to get Dialga and Palka after all.
    You can't really compare the anime to the game. There are elements of it that contradict each other, so technically (if it was crazy enough) Ash could surf on a door, just like how Pika's electrical attacks can hit ground type Pokemon.

I agree with wakachamo, the glitches being taken out is a good thing, not just because people can't get the Pokemon, but also as well.. the Jap version did come first. It usually is a trail and error thing.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • japan can't do a thing about the glitches either way. it's GameFreak you should be targeting.

ToraSushii

I see...food!
    Years
  • It's like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. There are 3 versions. first had the original Fire Temple theme and Ganny coughed out blood. Second one, not sure...but Ganny coughed out the color of your tunic and third, new Fire Temple theme and Ganny coughed out green barf. xP

The (First?)Japanese version had the glitch, it was version 1.0 of Diamond and Pearl, glitch discovered, and the Americas got Version 1.1 (or 1.2) Confusing, huh?

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • umm i beg to differ. if GameFreak wasn't the sector to fix the glitches, and rather left it to NoA in a "hey, not my problem" manner, then we could only assume the glitches were intentional. since they obviously aren't, and since even newer Japenese D/P cartridges have been rid of these glitches, it's quite obvious that GameFreak played a role in the fixing of the glitches.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2013
    i think yes
    coz im not from usa and im not from japan
    so there never will be events in my country and its realy hard to get a darkai by trade coz i dont have some realy good pokemons to trade with

Years
  • What i think should be done is they should leave it, whoever is foolish enough to do it, they should go ahead. The glitch was not put there on purpose. Although it does seem it a bit, because... why would they have such a foolish error?
    and certainly i will be one of those foolis people that tries the glitch ^^

Giovanni

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • It would be a great sideffect getting Darkrai and everything. But Japan has learned from there mistakes. and we should carry there mistake. Also there are still glitches in D/P, for ex: cloning on GTS

:t354:tatsujin gosuto

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I say it should've been taken out, just like it was. I wouldn't do the glitch anyways, there is a risk of losing the save file... I personally know glitches are never intentional, whoever was dumb enough to use Surf on a door in the first place is beyond me. Darkrai and Shaymin?... Shaymin is Mew with less moves and the inability to learn all the TM's and junk... Darkrai is a Special Sweeper, most of it's moves aren't even ones that inflict damage. 2 moves it actually gets STAB on... There are pleanty more Pokemon able to get more Special Attack than it does, so what would be the use of having it? Many Pokemon are it's equal, or better... And lets face it, you're never going to complete your Pokedex legitimately.

Caleb290

Pokemon Master!
    Years
  • I think the glitchs should be removed I would try them if they werent and nintendo or gamefreak or whoever fixs this stuff just wants to protect our games because glitchs can wreck the game.
    Not all glitchs have been removed and you know that remember missing No and the cloning glitch in gold, silver and in emarald

Back