• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

Do you want Pikachu to evolve?

• Yes, sure.

Votes: 50 31.6%
  • No, never

Votes: 85 53.8%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 23 14.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • I feel Pikachu is much better pokemon to start each new region than a Raichu. And I like Pikachu more because he has the speed advantage

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • No way! I would never want it to evolve because its like the main pokemon. If you think of Pokemon you think of pikachu. I know they wouldn't evolve pikachu unless it is for ash.

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
  • OMG NEVER! Ash and Pikachu are a team and always will be. I can't even stand thinking about this. They are also childhood heroes of mine and for Ash to have a Raichu...no! FAIL! Pikachu is his little buddy.

I cried in the first season when Pikachu was going to leave, alright. No NO NO
    !

TwiggsMGW

OG - Original Gamer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2010
    I personally hate Pikachu and Riachu. I'm not even going to mention Pichu... It's a stupid, worthless evolution chain that isn't worth much in battles.

I stopped watching the anime somewhere in the middle of gen2, but I play the games still (except DPP, waiting for free money to buy those).

I think for the sake of the pokemon franchise, it would be unwise for Ash to evolve Pikachu, but it would be unwise for any trainer dumb enough to use pikachu in the game to not evolve it after it's learned the few decent moves it can, which can't be taught by TM/HM.

RainbowWing

Returned from the ashes
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2018
    I thought Pikachu would evolve during the Hoenn Saga,But i bet pikachu will evolve on the very last episode. :3

Team Carbon Boss: Roran

Gonna quit this website.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    I think that Ash is dumb. Just watch his first battle with Fantina He's not smart. If Pikachu evolved it would at LEAST have better stats. But the whole chain is worthless. I mean, they have bad stats, and they are hideous. And thanks to Pokemon electric rodents are cliche.

Years
  • What is it with all these "no"s? I mean honestly, Ash is changing. He's becoming more mature each season, so it would make sense. And you have to remember, a big cuddly opposite of Gengar was going to be the mascot originally. So yes. I say evolve.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    No.

Not like it's gonna happen anyways! And im sure Raichu would really suit Ash but meh!
    I like Pikachu how it is anyways, even if it should be at Lv. 550 now

AaronOnPokemon

"So the story continues!"
    Years
  • Speed > Strength

So in my opinion I think it should never evolve. Pikachu is just too awesome now. But I really do think that Pikachu should age because it has been with ash for the best part of 10 years....

The Red Chain

It's much too late now to change Pikachu. Changing it now would only cause a massive outbreak of mixed feelings among fans, I believe the majority would be negative. Ash's signature Pokemon is Pikachu, not Raichu. If it evolves we'll never see it up there on Ash's shoulder anymore, we'll never see it dashing around the battle field, streaking it with it's yellow color. It just.. wouldn't feel right if Pikachu evolved now, after being the same for so many years.

Not to mention it just won't evolve. It has battled Raichu countless times now, and has always proved that it can outdo it's evolution, and that power is not everything. Meowth and Pikachu have been pals in a way because both of them hate their evolutions, and refuse to evolve because they know that they are strong for who they are. Oh and because Nintendo is cheap. That's about it~

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • As much as I love Raichu.
    No. Not Ash's Pikachu, don't let that Uber ascend to God status,if Pikachu evolves, it would break TV's worldwide, just you wait.

But in all seriousness, no. Pikachu won't ever evolve because Word of God makes it so, because of the underdog factor and the fact that people think Pikachu is cuter than Raichu. I don't truthfully. (Don't worry Raichu, I like you so much better than Pikachu, I think your super cute :D)

tylerab01

Pokemon AquaHarmony
    Years
  • If you can all remember back to the Days of Red, Blue and Yellow, in yellow if you tried to evolve Pikachu it wouldn't work, so lets just say for the sake of having an argument, ash tried to evolve pikachu and It wouldn't work? That would be cool, so Team rocket in the Isshu saga tries to evolve pikachu and it doesn't work...

Thats all i have to say!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Pikachu should stay the same. Not evolved otherwise it'll just ruin the show :/

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I want Pikachu to evolve with Ash- as Ash becomes a man, Pikachu, too, matures. But, considering Ash is still miraculously a ten-year-old after traveling through six regions, we all know that's never going to happen.

Back