• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want Soul/Kotone in the HGSS arc?

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
  • Lol, the name Lyra brings HDM vibes in me.

I see Lyra being more likely to be a new character, rather than being Crys in a new outfit. As people have said before, Crys could be her mentor. I can certainly see it.

I see it too, but if Kusaka and Yamamoto have other things in mind. Well we just have to test our luck on the outcome. Also i don't really like HG/SS Gold's outfit. I liked his old style.

Finnel

Years
  • I'd hate it if Crystal became Kotone, and I'd hate it if Kotone stole Crystal's spotlight. With the former, the transition would just be too strange, Kotone looks like a peppy farmer girl, and Crystal's already been established as a badass researcher. The latter would be equally painful, as I've been a long time Crystal fan ever since her game and I think she really needs more attention.

I'd be completely fine with Kotone going on an adventure alone, or just her joining up with the original cast. I'm really hoping the writers don't screw this up for me.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    There will be HGSS series for Pokemon Adventure , there's already hint on it .
    Anyway , I don't think Kotone will be another character .
    Maybe Crystal with a new outfit (like Green)

And ya , it would probably be like the Fire Red / Leaf Green storyline , but maybe focusing on other legendaries ?
    OH , there's still a part where Crystal heard Guile Hideout (Archie) telling him about Sird(?) which is at the end of Vol 29 . Maybe teh storyline would continue from there

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    I know that I have not been here awhile, but I was involved in something else. Crys hair is brown, but it is dark brown. To my eyes Red from this manga looks nothing like his counterparts from RGBY and FRLG games with the expection of the clothes. To me Crystal from Pokemon Special looks more similar to Kotone than Red does to his game counterparts. I can understand why people think that she is a separate character from Crystal girl because of the anime since the anime advertises for the games. Then again Ash from the anime wore similar clothes to Lucas even though appeared in a movie, but we are talking about Pokemon Special not the games and they might handle it in a different way. I would love for there to be more female characters in Pokemon Special but unfortunately the writers in Pokemon Special seem to name the main characters after a game and they have to represent that game they are named after. Kotone has not even appeared in the poster of the HGSS arc nor has she appeared in the first arcs. I would think that the Pokemon Special writers would have a character based off a playable character in the game play a major role in the arc. So I think that the writers will either make Crystal wear Kotone's clothes or they will not use the HGSS outfit at all.

Last edited:

Skitty Crazy

I want cake.
    Years
  • I've always figured Chris would just inherit Soul's outfit, like Blue did with Leaf... Sure, you could argue that they look totally different, but I just don't see Soul being her own character, really. >_<

Opinions, opinions. We will never know until the first volume comes out! x3

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • like Blue did with Leaf...

No such thing as "Leaf" exists, do you realize?

You're reading too much Bulbapedia.

Blue is based on the female character from early game concept art. Your "Leaf" is supposed to be incarnation of the said girl. So, Blue IS "Leaf". The two are by no means different.

SuperLink

Lost focus when she dissed me!
    Years
  • Epic thread revive in dead board!

Well I'm incredibly annoyed, I know everyone saw this coming, but....
    Do you want Soul/Kotone in the HGSS arc?

- Crys is Lyra
    - Crys is now wearing a costume that doesn't match her personality
    - fgsfds

I've repeated this many times, and the manga-ka have made bad decisions in the past, but this is the worst possible solution to the whole Crys/Lyra problem, and they went ahead and did it anyway.
    Why.

PS. She does look kinda cute, but that's not Crys or Lyra, it's some creepy mix.

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I am disappointed D: and that picture makes the lower half of her body look very very alien because her shorts are way too short and her legs look way too far apart what the heck.

I have to admit, though, the hat looks a lot better than I feared, and her hair still has that angle in it. :3

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I really hope it's temporary and she borrowed the clothes from someone else. Fat hope. Sometimes I wonder why I bought the manga at all, besides the fact it's cheap (literally and figuratively).

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    She's not embarrassed. Did you see her blush?

She is probably shocked to see Silver, because the bubble most likely says "シルバー?" or, "Silver?"

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • I want her to be Crystal's little sister of something! I really don't see why people, according to Bulbapedia, "See Kotone as an updated form of Cyrstal". Really, they are two different types of people. Isn't obvious with the way they dress?

I'd want Kotone to be the main heroine or something, like Gold returning back and discovering a young budding trainer.

EDIT: Saw the pic, and was like. Wtf? Kotone's clothes does not fit Crystal in anyway, whatsoever! It's so childish, D:

Back