• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to be able to save more than 1 game file?

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
    Just as a bit of information:

Having seen pokemon savefiles and gamefiles (ROMs and whatnot). The DS already has the capability to handle the games (which are a few megabytes less than 128) and their savefiles (around half a MB to much less each).

There is also the fact there are games like Kingdom Hearts and Rockband which are (somewhere under) 256 MB. (If you've played with emulators, you'll know what I'm talking about).

Point being, they could easily create the option to have more than one savefile...maybe 3, maybe even more than that. So I'm guessing it is mostly for marketing purposes.

PREACH!

i've made multiple save files. the thing that sucks about it is that i still can't trade with myself literally, i'd have to have another DS to be able to do that, and it gets really tiring and boring after awhile, going 6 pokemon at a time :T there's 493, cut us some damn slack. i'd like a feature to trade between save files, but have a whole box worth or something.

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2011
    It doesn't really matter to me, seeing as how I am the only one who plays my games...

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Maybe they shouldn't have it so you can save more than one game on a cart right from the beginning; rather, they should have it so once you complete a major portion of the first game, you unlock saving.

It'd be a welcome feature, but its not likely.

Back