• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you?

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    In this time and day with all of life's crazyness and choas. Do any of you guys particpate in the life long ritural known as having dinner with your family?

I was just talking to some friends during lunch and out of the four I talk to and I found out that nly 1 of them have dinner with their family daily and 2 if you count me.

Have life just gotten so busy where a family can't come together for at least 30 minutes everyday to enjoy one meal and each other company? Tell if you have dinner with your family

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
    haha, my family never did the dinner at the table thing... I don't want to talk to them, they don't want to talk to me. Simple as that.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Everyone is my family is already adults (technically) and we all have jobs, we have schooling we have to pay for. When you're 10 or 12 or something, it's good to have a family meal. But it's just a by product of getting older...

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    We have for eight or so years; ever since we moved in to our current house. I used to find it incredibly awkward, but I gradually felt comfortable doing it, though now I am finding it somewhat awkward again as our family drifts farther and farther apart; there tends to be little conversation and much visible tension at dinner. Long ago, we used to eat on trays in front of the television, and I am almost wishing that we did that again; though for all of us to be in the same room would still bring the tension that I would like to avoid by no longer eating at the table. We all have rooms, and they're comfortable, so we might as well eat there.

Years
    We do almost every night. You see, my parents are usually home, and my little brother and I are anit-social. We're always home. Therefore, our family always has time to eat together. It's odd when we aren't eating as a family, acutally.^^;

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Thanksgiving. That is the only I will ever be seen at the dinner table with my family. Otherwise, I am in my room or at someone else's house while the rest of the family has dinner.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Nope, I think we might have done it a total...three times. When I was younger, I was usually the only one home until late at night, I never really felt like waiting for anyone else. When people were home...we just didn't do it.

B-Baller

My ballin' is br00tal
    Years
    Sometimes. I love my family and they love me back, but at dinner my mum and dad have to eat dinner earlier cos my dad has work at night, and me and my bro eat together for dinner. And on common occasions we do eat together and watch Family Guy at the same time lol

Yuna-chan

Returned from Beyond
    Years
    Blazin Espio said:
    wow you people really need to spend more time with your familys

My family hates me O.o Only reason mom is so determined to keep me and my sister is so she can keep gettin that fat child support check -_-. At my dads on the other hand we almost ALWAYS eat dinner at the table, with everyone.

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
    maybe about 5 years ago :P no one has time anymore, everyone in my family eats at different times, whether it be from 5pm-midnight(midnight being me sometimes:D )

crystal_mew

- n i h i l i s t -
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 10, 2009
    From birth till 5th grade, I'd have dinner with my grandparents. My parents were there every so often to have dinner with us.

Now we're in a new house, my grandparent's in their own. My parents still don't have time. When they do have time, I don't usually participate. Not like they can get me to talk a lot.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I have a nice dinner with my parents except I usually go in my room to eat. Hence why I'm on PC, stuffing my face full.
    But my parents aren't a price either. They have a freaking tv right on the bar that we eat at, it's ridiculous. But during holidays I eat with the family.

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I see we have a wide range of responses.

I mean my family do eat family together with the TV in the kitenin on the soups. The only time we don't eat together is like when my mom rarly works late or when I have to stay late for school. Then I stuck eating alone. Then the some saturdays where dinner is on your own becasue dinner was 5:00 early and Toonami is on.

But basically dinner is with the family with talking about something like the soup that on or what ever.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Errr... yes - like three times in a week. xD But with my extended family - only on holidays like Chinese New Year, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years... etc. o.o;

Back