• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do your friends know you play pokemon?

Kayin

Local Champion
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    I don't keep it a secret. My friends know and they play it as well. :3

galford3427

One shall stand One shall fall
    Years
    Yes they know I play, in fact they play too. So being 25 and working with others my age and older that play is pretty cool. And no I do not work at gamestop lol.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    at my school it is concidered nerdy to play pokemon and there is this one kid that plays it whenever he can therefore I normally don't tell anyone but i am so excited for platinum. I told them I played it one time and they all thought I was joking.

PokemonBroski

I'm Back for Good!
    Years
    Well I remember playing pokemon with all my friends back when Ruby and Sapphire were released and everyone would play becuase it was the "phase" everyone went through. Then everyone grew up and stopped playing because they thought it was immature but it really does take alot of strategy. EV training, having a good moveset, breeding, and all that stuff.

Me personally I still play but I'm not going to go around school screaming I play pokemon, becuase that would be pretty blundering for me. If the subject does pop up with people if they are saying how gay it is or something, I usually say I play it and defend it. I usually win the arguement because I'm just really good with arguing, but alot of people say its "uncool." I bet half the kids at my school deny playing at my school but they know that I play too, so they confess to me. So about 20% of the kids at my school deny playing it around a certain group of people and confess to current pokemon players, and about the other 25% of pokemon player are straight forward. In reality mostly the freshman and sophmores play pokemon.

I miss the old days though just being able to play with your friends and battle each other. Now everyone just plays beats the game and restarts, and no one has any strategy, they know nothing about EV's or anything in that category, so sometimes I feel alone. So I can't have ANY competitive battles with people unless I ask people on here(which I haven't done yet) or go on a myspace pokemon group and wait like 7 days for someone to respond to your battle. Pokemon is starting to take a turn for the worst with me. :(

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
    When I was younger me and my best friend played all the time, then she lost interest in it and I was the only one. Then my other friends got into it, but they frustrated me with their noobishness. xD Then they lost interest, and I tend to tell only one person now, somone who's never played Pokémon, but she thinks I'm pathetic anyway, so I don't care if she knows.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Not only do most of my friends know, most of them play Pokemon themselves. Besides a couple of my female friends who aren't all that into video games. Still, they've all at least given one or two of the games a try, and a lot of my guy friends eat, sleep, and breathe DP.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I can only think of two that know; the first because he's my best friend and I tell him everything, and the second because he too is a fan of Pokemon. Admiting your a hardcore Pokemon fan is like signing your own death papers where I live (although being a regular fan is cool). I don't go out and tell people I'm still a fan of Pokemon, but if someone just happens to ask, I'd tell them.

Amaranthine

Steeled Veteran
    Years
    I generally don't talk about it too much, but if someone asks me what games I have, Pokemon Pearl is usually highlighted. In my school, you have to like what everyone else likes. Or, you can be an outcast. But if people are too stupid to think you are a bad person or immature because you play a game, then who's really stupid? I know two other people who play pokemon, one is at the school, and it must be said, he is... Somewhat Naive. And the other is my Girlfriend who moved away. You may even be able to guess who she is on here. But my point is, You should like what you want to like. So a few people think you're weird. And?

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    Im a very on and off player so I would say no they dont know although they did last year when I played through pearl

fishrocker

the fish that rocks
    Years
    Only a few of my friends know that I play Pokemon. Only 1 still plays. If everybody found out (even my parents), they'd tease me, call me names, all of that stuff. I don't know why people do that though. It is just a game like any other.

Years
    Definitley, they don't care or mention it, so I can like it shamelessly. xD Though I don't really mind if they did judge me if I played Pokemon, some of them still like Pokemon too. :3 Well...some...very few...just a handful...

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I shall not tell my friends I play Poke'mon. I'm just too embarresed to tell them. Though me and my cousin have a large addiction to Poke'mon.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Well I remember playing pokemon with all my friends back when Ruby and Sapphire were released and everyone would play becuase it was the "phase" everyone went through. Then everyone grew up and stopped playing because they thought it was immature but it really does take alot of strategy. EV training, having a good moveset, breeding, and all that stuff.

Me personally I still play but I'm not going to go around school screaming I play pokemon, becuase that would be pretty blundering for me. If the subject does pop up with people if they are saying how gay it is or something, I usually say I play it and defend it. I usually win the arguement because I'm just really good with arguing, but alot of people say its "uncool." I bet half the kids at my school deny playing at my school but they know that I play too, so they confess to me. So about 20% of the kids at my school deny playing it around a certain group of people and confess to current pokemon players, and about the other 25% of pokemon player are straight forward. In reality mostly the freshman and sophmores play pokemon.

I miss the old days though just being able to play with your friends and battle each other. Now everyone just plays beats the game and restarts, and no one has any strategy, they know nothing about EV's or anything in that category, so sometimes I feel alone. So I can't have ANY competitive battles with people unless I ask people on here(which I haven't done yet) or go on a myspace pokemon group and wait like 7 days for someone to respond to your battle. Pokemon is starting to take a turn for the worst with me. :(
    Wow perfect post right here there was a phase with me and my friends too! Also I miss the old days where I would go to a friends house and we would play and battle. I feel like the lone wolf now out of my friends.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I keep quiet about Pokemon for the most part. However, the people I hang out with during lunch do play Pokemon and today we had a 4 player double battle.

That was hilarious =D

Back