• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Does Any One Miss Pokemon Yellow

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    Hey Does Anyone miss being able to get all the starters without trading and catching all the pokemon easier i mean it was ashes story line i mean that was the best pokemon game ever anyone agree

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Wrong forum, lol. I'll move this to Metal/Color. I personally don't miss it. I miss the high level opponents, but getting all the starters is just kinda cheap imo...plus it fills out most of the important types you want to have in your team and you don't have room for much else, if you're going for something balanced.

Years
  • I thought Yellow was kind of boring in my own opinion. I was just like Red and Blue (like all the 3rd games).

I do however loved how you could get Bulbasuar Charmander and Squrtile in the game. That sure was helpful. And Pika following you was cute.

regimeen

Alt + F4 user
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 16, 2011
    i thought it was pretty fun. it was somewhat different but not really and i loved getting all the starters myself

Years
  • Yeah, I miss it... along with all the other GBC games, I was actually thinking of going around to some Pawn shops to see if they had any, since they usually have lots of old games like gameboy games. Pokemon Yellow was da' bomb, I loved being able to get all the starters at some point through the game, was pretty neat.

~Unknown

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    I thought it was awesome how Pikachu followed you around, but it was a carbon copy of R/B so it didn't bring much else to the table.

i disagree with you im gunna take i cant remember what his user names advice and go to the pawn shops and find the pokemon yellow and bust out my pokemon yellow gameboy

Flashmeteor

Awkward silences are the best.
    Years
  • Miss? I found a way to play it on my DS. Although I don't think I'm allowed to mention my methods on this forum. I never got a chance to play the ol' games, as I started with Gen 3, but now I've played all the generations thanks to my methods.

But I can see why people love the old games so much, just the feel of them is great, and refreshing.

Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    Hiya ;)

Well I do not "miss" yellow... I liked the 3 starters available though, but somehow I got rather irritated by Pikachu :S :S I liked Red/Blue much more... (Even though I did a game-run where I got all the Poké's Ash caught, in order... that was fun when I was 9 lol)

The Corrupt Plague

Missingno. hunter
    Years
  • I miss being able to play it on the physical cartridge that's been lost in my house for years now and is very likely hidden under a long forgotten pile of junk. On that file, I had saved just before fighting Mewtwo.

ChikoritaBayleef

♥Bayleef Lover♥
    Years
  • I had my original yellow game until last summer when some ******* stole it from me :( I got that in 1999 when I was 6 years old. I even remember getting it. Not long after that happened, my brother bstole all my other GBA games, including my pokemon games I had since they first came out. I ha gold, blue, crystal, and silver. I miss those games :( My blue's game data is my second ever game (my brother reset my first and I got so mad). I had it since late 1999 or early 2000 I think.

Uggg I'm still so mad about that :(
    My Ruby game is gone too. :(

I had my original yellow game until last summer when some ******* stole it from me :( I got that in 1999 when I was 6 years old. I even remember getting it. Not long after that happened, my brother bstole all my other GBA games, including my pokemon games I had since they first came out. I ha gold, blue, crystal, and silver. I miss those games :( My blue's game data is my second ever game (my brother reset my first and I got so mad). I had it since late 1999 or early 2000 I think.

Uggg I'm still so mad about that :(
    My Ruby game is gone too. :(

Last edited:

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I do miss it Yellow was the first Pokemon game I played. My older cousin had it. So when ever I went of his house I would asked him if I could play it. (and sometimes not asking :) )
    I was like 6 years old and then finally when I turn 10 he gave a bunch of GBC games and Yellow was on top of the stack. I was so happy.

But then my **** head stepdad pawn it. :'(

Last edited:

Shiny Gardevoir

I huntz shiniez
    Years
  • I don't really miss it since I still have mine... Two copies...
    *where'dIputthem?*

But I do love Pikachu's expression when seeing Bill... And when I go fishing... And when it got any status effect... T_T

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • i really miss it (eventhough i have it) i loved the bills event and the pokefan club events pikachu was cute.
    i hope they make a remake of it someday :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    I have it, and play it from time to time. But between working on silver version, and playing mega man battle network 3 and LOZ a link to the past it's not really on high on my list to play. Plus I'm having a hard time deciding what to train on there. I don't even use Pikachu anymore.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • Still have it.
    Still playing it.
    But just to complete the Dex w PokeRed's help.
    And to help filling my Gold one.
    Currently I still have Red, Yellow, Gold and a non-saving-Crystal

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Yellow was the first pkmn game I played... More than missing Yellow, I miss the times when I played it... I mean, back then I used to enjoy pkmn games more than now. Maybe because everything was new and not taken for granted.

Back