• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone else find these games boring?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I personally cannot stay with either of these games. I own both and around the time of the Safari Zone, I just get bored.

Anyone else gave these problems?

And maybe some solutions?

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Maybe not playing both of them? I mean there the same game, so playing both, especially at the same time is bound to make you bored. I mean half of the "Version Exclusives" can be found at the safari and other places, and version exclusives is pretty much the only difference.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Maybe not playing both of them? I mean there the same game, so playing both, especially at the same time is bound to make you bored. I mean half of the "Version Exclusives" can be found at the safari and other places, and version exclusives is pretty much the only difference.

the Version Exclusives aren't in the safari zone at all...some Pokemon are just in different places...and in the others in the safari...

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I agree maybe because you're playing two games, and maybe just me but the game didn't get too exciting until after the 8th gym or so.

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
  • I think these are the most fun games of the whole series. Diamond and Pearl bored me to death, it seemed like the same 5 or 6 Pokemon popped up EVERYWHERE. There's more variety in this game and I like it.
    Pokemon that were hard to get in other versions (such as Scyther, Tangela and Lickitung) are available pretty early in the game. I like this a lot, it gave me a chance to go through the game with Pokemon I never had a chance to before.

Coin

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2010
    Just stick with the game.
    There are definitely some low points to the game, but you're forgetting that there are also high points later on, around the time Kanto is unlocked.

Years
  • Just stick with the game.
    There are definitely some low points to the game, but you're forgetting that there are also high points later on, around the time Kanto is unlocked.
    If the game had any low point, it was Kanto IMO. ._.

@OP: What were you expecting, a Pokemon game with a different storyline from the others? XD

Ayselipera

If the game had any low point, it was Kanto IMO. ._.

@OP: What were you expecting, a Pokemon game with a different storyline from the others? XD

I have to agree. I was really excited at first when I unlocked Kanto, but once I got there I was extremely bored. It's actually quite sad. I was beyond excited for Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2010
    Once I start to feel like like I'm stuck I set challenges for my self like -
    Using only certain type, not evolving Pokémon ect.

When you can see the outcome of your labor by overcoming a challenge it's much more rewarding.
    It's your game have fun with it and make cool choices. Pokémon is great cause you have these options.

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
  • I have to agree. I was really excited at first when I unlocked Kanto, but once I got there I was extremely bored. It's actually quite sad. I was beyond excited for Kanto.

...Yeah... -sigh- I was disappointed in Kanto beyond belief. I'm just plain frustrated with it. What caused the game developers think that they did a great job on Kanto? I mean, its like they finished Johto, and were like "Sweet! Finished!" and then someone reminded them they had to continue into Kanto... "Oh... well... crap... let's hurry it up and just make the gyms important or something..."

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    The game was very amusing during my playthrough. I guess you could pace yourself if you are rushing and enjoy the in-game events or do one of those mono/type/baby challenges.

@spike that's exactly how I felt during firered, replacing johto with kanto and kanto with sevii islands.

ReachForTheMoon

Immortal Smoke
    Years
  • I definitely found that leveling up is pretty irritating near the end of the Johto section of the game... Then Kanto was very rushed. You can finish it very quickly depending on where your Pokemon stand, level-wise...

Overall, however I really think this game is great. I like it much more than I liked Platinum, despite it being a remake... and I really loved Platinum.

Then of course... like everyone else has been saying, I think it would help to not play two of the games at once! That seems to be overdoing it a bit!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Yeah I got bored when training my pokemon, but the further you get in the game (like after 6th badge) it gets really fun again. The weird thing for me though is that I've had the urge to play Emerald, Pearl/Platinum, and Mystery Dungeon while playing SS..It's like i'm playing the game, and I'm interested in it, yet I can't get my mind off of those other games. Stop playing both games and don't train your pokemon as much and it should get better.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Yeah I got bored when training my pokemon, but the further you get in the game (like after 6th badge) it gets really fun again. The weird thing for me though is that I've had the urge to play Emerald, Pearl/Platinum, and Mystery Dungeon while playing SS..It's like i'm playing the game, and I'm interested in it, yet I can't get my mind off of those other games. Stop playing both games and don't train your pokemon as much and it should get better.

I get urges like that.lol

I can relate with being bored of the games since I'm not exactly playing my Aussie heart gold I got yesterday. I started it up and got bored.=P

Though I have an excuse in the sense that one the original GS weren't even my favourite Pokemon games since even they made me bored. So it's no surprise with HG and SS.

Second I had already played the japanese SS prior and so I'm all over the new factor entirely. So my Aussie HG I don't have any craving to play. For some reason I can only play through GS once and then have to give it a long break before I pick it up again.

I advise giving Pokemon a break if your getting bored and can't find anything interesting you in the games. You probably overdid it.

Play a different game then come back to Pokemon later.

That's what I'm doing despite getting HG yesterday. When you get the craving then you can pick the game up. There's no use forcing yourself.

However if you feel you'll gain more interest the further you play through then go for it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Looks like someone discovered pokemon for the first time, lol. They all have the same story line, and they all follow the same plot and these were just remakes. I admit it does get p slow at times but GSC were my favorite, so I <3 it.

CrashSmAshley

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I love this game. I played the original Gold Version and I still think it's fun! Best one yet in my opinion

Back