• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone else find these games boring?

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    To all those saying that they rushed kanto, it goes at exactly the same pace as the original G/S/C. But because you've played the game before, and now you're older and have a more developed brain to get around the game better, you find that you get through it quickly. It's what I like to call the Legend of Zelda effect.

But in my view, if you're finding these games boring then mayhaps you shouldn't be playing them at all. Good day.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I'm kinda getting bored with it.

But I've been waiting for this game ever since Red and Blue was remade, I had way high expectations that could possibly never be lived up to.

Years
    I love these Pokemon games very entertaining because Nintendo can make some pretty good graphics and Pokemon been my all time favorite R.P.G. since Pokemon Red, Pokemon Blue, and Pokemon Yellow came out for Gameboy Color.

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    A few times playing Ruby and Sapphire, I felt bored, so I just stopped playing and haven't played them since. I mean, I'll play them and all, but they don't catch my interest like Gold, Silver, Platinum and SoulSilver do. They lack something and I'm sure those of you who feel the same way about Ruby and Sapphire know what I'm talking about. I can't really put a finger on what it is that both games lack, but something was missing. I did beat it when I first played it. Can't say that I've played it much in the seven years it's been around.

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2016
    I sometimes find these games boring well I already played the original game and HG/SS are pretty much the same only with improvements there. But I got addicted to it when I haven't finished it yet.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    It's boring how in RGBY the cerulean Cave's levels were high as hell and now they're down to the 40's. There is hardly anywhere to train except either the elite four or to trade your pokemon to DPPt and use the VS seeker. To me the game gets boring after the league due to the level jump. You have your team who are in their 40's and the kanto leaders who are in the 50's.

shot571

A few times playing Ruby and Sapphire, I felt bored, so I just stopped playing and haven't played them since. I mean, I'll play them and all, but they don't catch my interest like Gold, Silver, Platinum and SoulSilver do. They lack something and I'm sure those of you who feel the same way about Ruby and Sapphire know what I'm talking about. I can't really put a finger on what it is that both games lack, but something was missing. I did beat it when I first played it. Can't say that I've played it much in the seven years it's been around.
    I completely agree with this. something i cant put my finger on. lol maybe it was even the loss of glitches(joke). i like these games though. the only think i dont like is the time it takes to train.i also hated platinum again not sure why :s.

Spike Kintarin

Don't run! It's just ham!
    Years
    I completely agree with this. something i cant put my finger on. lol maybe it was even the loss of glitches(joke). i like these games though. the only think i dont like is the time it takes to train.i also hated platinum again not sure why :s.

It feels like they rushed it. It all feels artificial to me... I think that's what I feel...

Years
    right now i am bored because i am EV training, but i'll work on getting my collection improved and then go on gts. i have to admit, Kanto was a little disapointing.. i feel like i just walked through it half asleep. i'm not even sure if i beat the gyms in the right order..
    if you are bored i'd suggest thinking about what made the games addicting in the first place. As for me in pearl i enjoyed going to the safari zone and catching everything i see and going in the wild in search for pokemon i wanted. I think thats wat i'm gonna try to do again. i still haven't even completed the jotho pokedex though lol

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    It's boring how in RGBY the cerulean Cave's levels were high as hell and now they're down to the 40's. There is hardly anywhere to train except either the elite four or to trade your pokemon to DPPt and use the VS seeker. To me the game gets boring after the league due to the level jump. You have your team who are in their 40's and the kanto leaders who are in the 50's.

All of my six pokemon were around the 50's when I got to the League.

My suggestion to anyone that has both games is make one your main game, and then make the other one your side game. One that you can just start over when you feel like it. That's what I'm doing when my HG arrives.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2010
    Yes.Nintendo believes they can make anything better by making it 3-D.They are wrong.My favorite game personally is Pokemon Emerald,and they are eventually going to ruin that game too.That's why i always stick to the game boy games.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    Oh, absolutely not. I love HeartGold AND SoulSilver. I am most definitely not bored at all. I think this game is one of the very best in the whole series, but I thought that about G/S/C as well.

Actually, to be honest, I WAS expecting a liiiiitle more, but I am really, really happy that they remade these games. I would much rather have these games than not. lol.

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
    Years
    HG and SS are awesome... I guess if anyone played Crystal, Gold, or Silver, they'd play it just to re-experience the epicness, because this was around the time Pokemon was at its peak in epicness. A remake of this epicness? It becomes even more epic.

I'm wondering if I'll like my HG more than I do Emerald, my favorite pokemon game. At the moment they're tied. =)

Back