• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does Anyone Else Think the GTS has Outrageous Asking Prices?

Do people ask for too much in the GTS?

• Yes

Votes: 51 96.2%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
Years
  • Depends on what your looking for. It's always good to find people that are trading pokemon that only evolve threw trading though.
    That's the only reason I use the GTS.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • I've gotten a few good pokemon off the GTS, but yes, 90% or more of the pokemon offers you see on the GTS are absolutely outrageous. All of the decent trades I've gotten off it were offers that I put up, and still, there have only been a few of them. I love going to the trade corner, though. I've gotten all my rarest pokemon from generous people there.

Meepman

Arogance is bliss
    Years
  • Yea they do ask for some crazy prices (lvl 100 mew for meowth wtf?) another thing I find weird is people asking for the same thing they put up(palkia for palkia or dragonair for dragonair)

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • I lost my best Pokemon to a cheap level 100 shiny hack found in route 204...

Even through this though, I managed to get a Choice-Scarf Porygon-Z (minus the scarf, but hey), Female Venusaur, red Gyarados, and a female Eevee.

Still wouldn't trust it with my life though. The GTS is like a dark alley. Sometimes, you find that shiny thing that lured you into it in the first place, but most of the times, you just get ambushed.

Alpha Eevee
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2009
    another thing I find weird is people asking for the same thing they put up(palkia for palkia or dragonair for dragonair)

Some people want the boosted experience to train faster.
    Some have pokes with bad natures or IVs and trade for the same thing in hopes of getting a better one.
    Some may be hoping to get a foreign one in exchange so they can breed for shiny.
    I'm sure there are other reasons as well.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I once found that extremely annoying to so I havent even tried that GTS function in over a year or two.

Years
  • Yush, yush I do! I only was able to get one trade- and I would say it was rather suckish. I traded a Lucario for a japanese pikachu at least 30 levels under, but it was japanese, got boosted exp, and I honestly didn't care at all for that lucario. But whatever, that japanese pikachu is one of my strongest pokemon now :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2011
    Well i agree but do you think this is fair? (i know the pokemon ill get will be from hacking i don,t care) a shiny legit i didnt cheat for it tentacruel lv35 having a poision barb for a any lv celebi you know how rare shiny legit pokemon are so and plau the celebi will be from hacking. i saw a lv5 magikarp for a lv100 mew (like anyones going to do that) its silly

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Yes. I see people offering weak, common Pokemon and asking for Lv 100s or legendaries. It's crazy. A lot of the Pokemon are probably hacked, so I just leave it alone for the most part. Only trades I've done there were Evolution trades. A Kadabra for a Kadabra (I'm assuming we both wanted an Alakazam) and a Graveler for a Graveler (assuming we both wanted Golem).

Years
  • Starters will understandably go for pretty high poke, but what i saw used astonish on me, i wanted a turtwig, the guy i found who had one wanted a darkari, if he wants that i hope he gets a hacked one and it kills his game.

To get back at people on the GTS i put evolution Pokemon up but i attach the stone that makes your pokemon non-evolvable. MUHWAHAHA

Dr. Montague

FOnewm
    Years
  • I tried my GTS today, only to remember that my version of Platinum does not show levels, making it a guessing game at them D:

However, when I still had a lot of stuff on Pearl and used the GTS, even back 2 years ago, people didn't have much common sense. I do not feel like trading a LV 100 Elekid for your LV 5 Turtwig, good sir! Legendaries will always be the worst though. Phione for Mew, LV 50 Palkia for LV 100 Palkia, and anything for a Level 9 and under Mew is just silliness manifested into a video game. Overall, while the entire idea of a GTS is good, the execution kinda got messed up by people's silly demands.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I wanted a shiny japnese oddish but he was asking for a darkrai and when I had a LEGIT darkrai, it still wouldn't let me trade.
    I use it to get certain pokemon for breeding mainly. And since i have plenty of cyndaquils, I can usually ask for a decent pokemon especially if the starter is female.
    I know most people do the evolution glitch and that's why some prices are qutrageous so they don't lose it. As far as anyone else, they're just stupid but they figure they'll eventually get it.

DarkAlucard

Seek me. Call me...
    Years
  • 90% of the pokemon for the GTS are hacked, is a shame because it was a great idea of Nintendo. Anyway i grab a couple of good and legals pokemons there when i put on trade a lot of Bagons ;D

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • 90% of the pokemon for the GTS are hacked, is a shame because it was a great idea of Nintendo. Anyway i grab a couple of good and legals pokemons there when i put on trade a lot of Bagons ;D

Given the amount of Pokémon on the GTS as well as the fact that non AR users vastly outnumber AR users, I highly doubt that this is true (though for legendary Pokémon, it's probably true). It's most likely just a bunch of little kids (or casual players new to Pokemon) who are unable to grasp the fact that no one will want to trade their Level 100 Mewtwo for their "awesome" level 20 Pikachu.
    Anyways, the way I circumvent these ridiculous offers is to offer rare, yet breedable Pokémon (usually Eevee). I usually end up receiving what I wanted in a matter of hours. Regardless of which trading method you use, trading events, legendaries, or Level 100 Pokémon is just asking for trouble.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back