• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone find filling their pokedex hard?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2009
    Does anyone find filling their pokedex hard?:t166:
    This is as I've never completed a pokedex before.:t320:

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2009
    My friends don't trade me all the pokemon I need, though, but that's not their fault.:t145:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    :)Familygirl(: said:
    My friends don't trade me all the pokemon I need, though, but that's not their fault.:t145:
    if thats the problem by the other versions and do it fair and square that means going to all of the Pokemon events and getting the tickets. If you are that desprite just get a cheating device.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Years
    It certainly takes a lot of time and effort. I've got my Fire Red dex to 311, and there's still a lot I have to do. Of course, I'm trying to train many of these pokes well rather than just blow through it, so it's bound to take me longer. It's also a very expensive venture, considering you need at least 4, usually 5 games to do it. (I believe XD+Emerald are sufficient to cover what you'd be missing from Ru/Sa/Colo)

Persona

Banned
    Years
    well its not so hard for me because i have 2 gba sp's and i have fire red,emerald and sapphire....so i can easily trade with myself but sometimes with my friends.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well, yeah, getting the regular Pokes from the games is pretty easy. Getting the uber Pokes that you normally cannot is certainly a *****. Most resort to cheating in the end. Personally, I finally found someone in TX that is willing to give them to me.

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2009
    Cheating!

If you use cheats, you are not completing properly!:pokeball: :t233: :t132:

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    Way back when when I had my blue version I only managed to get 130-something pokemon. I only have 82 pokemon now on my Lfg. I really dont plan on getting every pokemon. I see myself more of a trainer than a collector only because its more possible to set up multiple teams of strong pokemon than to actually catch everything.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    :)Familygirl(: said:
    If you use cheats, you are not completing properly!:pokeball: :t233: :t132:
    i know it seems wrong. But if you are desprite then you might have to do it. I don't think there is a way to get Mew yet(isn't it with the Old sea Chart did they releaste it yet.)

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    If Nintendo didn't make getting the legends so difficult, then completing a Pokedex wouldn't be a challenge, and therefore not mentionable. Although, it is quite irritating when you are just short of a couple of legends like Mew and Celebi (the only two Pokemon you can't get legally in the UK).

Kuri-Chan ♪

Crystal Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2008
    x.x I know. I want Pokemon Col., I've got XD, But anyway with that I'm pretty sure you can get Celebi... But there's no freakn' Pokemon Events here!

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    I do because we can't get many of the special Pokemon (Sudowoodo, Deoxys etc.) easily here.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    AFAIK, the only way you can get a legal Celebi is from the Japanese version of Colosseum, by preordering it. They did the same deal in the US, but you got Jirachi instead. They made Jirachi easier to get in Europe, all you had to do was complete Pokemon Channel.

I dunno, there's always eBay.

Fl0W:HHGURU

Used to be pokEMOn UseR =]
    Years
    i have pokemon emerald ruby leafgreen XD colleseum and saphire which is in stupid french. I would be bale to complete my Dex, just need all the legendaries as there are no events in england no more.

Back