• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2010
    gold and silver still work like a charm, even blue still works

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    My Gold and Crystal games died several years ago, but my Silver still works. I've been surprised by how much of a range there has been on the lifespans of the internal batteries.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I recently got a Crystal and that fake GoldSilver 2in1 .
    None work . Through my dissapointment , I can't use my GBA , so for challenges , I'll have ROMs ...

Years
  • I still have my Crystal game from when I was like 7, man that game was great, I loved it. I wish I just knew where it was :P

Mirokarosu

✮:: B e a u t i f u l !
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Both my Pokemon Crystal and my Pokemon Silver still work. I think the day they stop working I'll bawl my eyes out.

I also have Pokemon Gold, but weather or not it's still working I wouldn't know as it's somewhere in the house.

Years
  • Last I checked (maybe a few months ago?) all of my 2nd gen games still work, even my R/B/Y games. They've probably survived because I only played them during the time they were current, meaning as soon as 3rd gen came out, I hardly played them anymore. Besides, I've heard you can just take it apart and change the little watch battery inside if it stops working.

Shiny Shaymin

I laugh at your misfortune.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 22, 2015
    I have a working Crystal and Red Version, my Gold doesn't work anymore.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    I still have silver, but it dosent save anymore. so considered it dusty v_v

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    Yep, I actually change internal batteries for a hobby, I like doing handy crafty stuff when I can. Right now my Gold Version cartridge is just being used as storage for a crap battery and some plastic seals though XD

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Yup, Still got my Gold/Silvers working :P, Although I havn't been actually able to use them for a few months now.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    None of mine work, but I kept my Crystal even though it dosn't, It had all 251 Pokemon, including legit Celebi and Mew from Japan, good times.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    Silver: Won't load.
    Gold: Will load. Graphics glitched. Easily freezes. Won't save.
    Crystal: Will load. Graphics perfect, except for map. Never freezes. Will save. Won't load save game.

I have a rom of Crystal on my r4, so I can still play it, and save. :)

Back