• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does anyone here still have working 2nd Gen games?

Lunoon

Even through the wire.
Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    I still have Yellow and Crystal, they both work fine. =)

Chocos0

Eclipse the Umbreon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2012
    My Red and Crystal are still working.
    I plan on buying yellow, not sure if it will work though..

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    Some of my Pokémon games

I keep my Pokémon games in the best condition! My Pokémon Red, Blue, Gold, Silver and Yellow games still are working!

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I still have a red, with the original save from when i first got it :D Though all I can really do is repeatedly pwn the elite four with lvl 100 blastoise, mewtwo and ..... dewgong ? I had a stupid team type wise. Articuno, Dewgong, Blastoise, Charizard, Mewtwo, Mew (legit). But its good for nostalgia ^_^ my blue,yellow and silver games all work perfectly fine aswell.

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Well when I last played my Crystal & Red (which was a few years ago) they were still going good and strong, the carts look in good condition but I lost my GBC so I can't say for certain if they work :(

I lost my yellow version somewhere though. D:

Wasen

The Wolf of Darkness
    Years
  • I have Gold and Silver still working. It's only my game boy that is the problem. The sound is off and it's sometimes reseting itself. Oh well, at least I have both Color, Advance and Advance SP so I can alwasy have one in reserve plus that I have a link cable which I can use trade if needed :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    I have Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal, all working fine. Red erased itself becauses I ran into Missingno. too many times.

Ruto

Heiress to the Zora throne.
    Years
  • My:
    Red: Fine.
    Blue: Fine.
    Yellow: Fine.
    Green(Jap): Fine.
    Silver: Just died. :pink_cry:
    Crystal: Fine.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Pokemon Gold is what I still have with me. I lost the console, so now this cart is just waiting to become an antique piece.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2010
    My Yellow has the pictures all messed up (instead of sprites, there are black squares qith red stripes) and my Silver is like new, if we don't look at the cartridge...

Team_SJK

Son of Arceus
    Years
  • Yeah, my recently-acquired Silver cartridge works pretty well. At first, I couldn't get past the blank screen after the Nintendo logo, but I figured it was the battery. I was able to remedy the problem with an alligator clip lead and a CR2032 button cell taped on one side, giving it a "jump start" of sorts. Of course, I connected positive to positive and all that jazz.

Last edited:

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
  • All of my old games are in fairly decent condition.

Sometimes my Red or Blue won't start, but a few resets straightens it out.

My Gold and Crystal are just like new, but I don't trust my Silver at all after it mysteriously wiped my save game without warning. -_-

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    My Silver and Blue works; they're just misplaced. But the last time I checked, they worked fine.

Hiche..

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    I have my Red, Blue, Yellow, Silver, and Crystal version still working, no problems whatsoever. Though I rarely touch them, because I prefer playing them as ROMs now, they are in pretty good shape, aligned neatly in my drawer, inside a medium sized box.

Back