• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen does anyone know what it means?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • in pokedex, there's always short description following pokemon's name,like toxic mouth pokemon. electic pokemon. what's meaning behind it? any covered information??

Ace~Sasaki

I'm no match for you...
    Years
  • I guess it's a group classification. Like drifloon is the "Balloon pokemon" but then so is clefairy.

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    It's just a description of what the Pokemon's RL counterpart may be.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    Its the species name
    It just describes the characteristics of the pokemon,
    for example, Jigglypuff is a balloon pokemon, it puffs up like a ballon
    Smeargle is a painter pokemon, It paints
    Torchic is the chick pokemon, need i say more?

Bulbapedia said:
    n a Pokémon's Pokédex information, the species is a name which identifies the Pokémon based on one of its defining biological characteristics. Most often, the defining traits are part of the Pokémon's physiology, special abilities, or behavior. This term should not be confused with a Pokémon species, since several different Pokémon can be identified by the same species in the Pokédex, no matter how distantly related. This term should also not be confused with the real world definition of species, since it has nothing to do with which Pokémon are able to breed and produce fertile offspring;

from bulbapedia <u>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back