• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone like Ash's traveling companions this season?

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Cilan's Ok him and Brock Both own a Backpack that seem to contain stuff that are bigger than the bag's interior...

Iris Saying Ash is A Kid is Rather Annoying i mean Ash can be considered a veteran already
    She hasn't done it in a while, and when she does it seems warranted cause Ash usually does something stupid for her to bring up "Such a kid" comment. If Ash wasn't acting like a noob(writers making him that way yet again), then this wouldn't be an issue at all but that is for a whole other topic.

As for the whole group dynamics I think it's alright and getting better. I loved in the last episode where Cilan goes all detective and Iris gets annoyed at him. Nothing will probably ever top Ash, Brock, Misty chemistry, but it really doesn't have to. If all the characters have interactions between each other not just like hey how you doing kind of thing but a family like or friend like relationship they it should be fun and interesting to watch. Iris is kind of growing on me I love when she calls out Trip and then her rage at Langley(but I would took if she stole my food). Cilan he is still the typical jack of all trades what hes a gym leader, no hes a Pokemon Connoisseur, oh wait you mean he can fish too!, that's not all you mean he is also a detective on the side. I probably haven't seen a companion with more versatility then Cilan he just does so many things.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    They are pretty cool... Am I the only one getting a racist vibe from the fact that Iris swings from trees like a monkey? lolz :P

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    No, people tried and alluding to Lenora being dressed up in a maids outfit as something similar. I don't see why pokemon would perpetuate racial stereotypes when they already dealt with the whole Jynx situation.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
    Iris...well...Iris is annoying, but carries a bit of fail and funny humor with her. Cilan is pretty cool, I would hope that they keep him for the next Pokemon anime. Ash is cool, but he's not the same Ash as in a few other series. He keeps changing, but this new 'Ash' is okay to work with.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2011
    Agreed

I've seen a few episodes of Black/White and i think it sucks. The pokemon are reeeeally stupid and the characters are ridiculous. Iris, i think, is seriously stupid looking (do they seriously mean to make the hair bigger in EVERY new season?) and snobby. Cilan is VERY creepy looking and a bit of a brat.

My opinion on the other seasons teams are as thus follows:
    D/P: Dawn was ok and bearable, but a little irritating. Of course i loathed Paul from the start, which actually isn't a good thing i think. I believe in loving the antagonist. They're cool enough to beat the **** out of the protagonist, you gotta have some sort of like for them.
    Advanced: Love. Love Love Love Love May/Max/Drew :)
    Original: Of course, the best there ever was.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    The travelling companions in Unova are alright. Iris doesn't bother me too much, whereas Cilan's speech just annoys the hell out of me : C

Last edited:

feralig8rx

PokeFanatic
    Years
    Their alright, I guess. I kind of started to like them more and more as the episodes have gone on, but overall, I like them.

^This. At first I thought Cilan would get annoying fast, but he actually proved to be less annoying than Iris. Iris is the opposite. She seemed kinda cool at first but her "such a child" line got extremely annoying, fast. If she didn't say that at least 5 times an episode I think she can actually be a little cooler than Dawn, although don't get me wrong, I loved Dawn. She seems like she has a dynamic personality and a past that is going to slowly get revealed, which is something I love seeing. I haven't seen too many episodes of the new anime so I'm only speaking for the first 20ish episodes here, but from what I see the new characters look promising.

*Latias

It's so cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    No, I don't like the new companion... I want May and Maxie back soooo bad :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    I personally think that Iris is stuck up and self absorbed, and Cilan just freaks me out.

What do you guys think?

Well I can tolerate Iris but Cilan with all his "recipe" BS is just crazy. Brock has been the best character till date. And they have got to bring back Misty. Dawn was alright too. Iris can easily be replaced by Misty. And what's with her hairstyle.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Cilans a cook why wouldn't he be concerned over his recipes? You don't want to serve everyone crap on a plate do yea? Sadly we will probably never see Brock or Misty or any other the other companions from AG and DP as main companions but in cameos like they did with Misty in Hoenn and then again during battle Frontier, May in Sinnoh with the contests, and Brock and Dawn with their Special. I highly doubt we will see Brock as a companion, considering he is too busy being a doctor(unless he becomes a traveling doc). And Misty I don't know what they would do to prompt her to return. Anyways like I said earlier the companions are fine just like they always are.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
    Years
    I hate Iris cause she treats everyone bad, but i L O V E Cilan, for no particular reason...

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I like new traveling companions.Iris has great personality being hyperactive,sometimes wild and invasive liking her past and connection with Drayden.
    Her pokemon are great too,like Excadrill for instance who is incredibly strong already and with Axew there is lot of potential to do more with it.

Cilan is contrast to Iris character but in good manner.He has several quirks having appealing charm to me,nice mix of arrogant and overconfident attitude showing interest in many hobbies like fishing,science,battling etc.His goal of becoming top connoisseur is something unique too liking inclusion of Cabernet as his rival being interested to see how that will play out.

They aren't my favorite companions but i can say i like them.

I highly doubt we will see Brock as a companion, considering he is too busy being a doctor(unless he becomes a traveling doc).

I think that could definitely work out,traveling to learn more about pokemon gaining new knowledge could be really helpful for Brock's career of being pokemon doctor.

And Misty I don't know what they would do to prompt her to return. Anyways like I said earlier the companions are fine just like they always are.

There are couple of options for which they could use her i suppose.
    Her goal was to become water pokemon master if i remember right so going on journey to advancing her dream entering some tasks like Whirl Cup was and catch new pokemon would make sense.Several gym leaders tend to leave gyms to improve their skills like Fantina,Koga or Wallace did to learn new things and improve.

I suppose they could also have her travel to try becoming E4 member one day like Lorelei is who she considers idol and having her go on journey to learn new things and pass tasks and trainers to prove she has skill required for this.Since Misty wants to become best water trainer and E4 members are best one type trainers in world this makes actually sense.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I like new traveling companions.Iris has great personality being hyperactive,sometimes wild and invasive liking her past and connection with Drayden.
    Her pokemon are great too,like Excadrill for instance who is incredibly strong already and with Axew there is lot of potential to do more with it.

Cilan is contrast to Iris character but in good manner.He has several quirks having appealing charm to me,nice mix of arrogant and overconfident attitude showing interest in many hobbies like fishing,science,battling etc.His goal of becoming top connoisseur is something unique too liking inclusion of Cabernet as his rival being interested to see how that will play out.

They aren't my favorite companions but i can say i like them.

I think that could definitely work out,traveling to learn more about pokemon gaining new knowledge could be really helpful for Brock's career of being pokemon doctor.

There are couple of options for which they could use her i suppose.
    Her goal was to become water pokemon master if i remember right so going on journey to advancing her dream entering some tasks like Whirl Cup was and catch new pokemon would make sense.Several gym leaders tend to leave gyms to improve their skills like Fantina,Koga or Wallace did to learn new things and improve.

I suppose they could also have her travel to try becoming E4 member one day like Lorelei is who she considers idol and having her go on journey to learn new things and pass tasks and trainers to prove she has skill required for this.Since Misty wants to become best water trainer and E4 members are best one type trainers in world this makes actually sense.
    Iris and Cilan are much better travel companions then May and Dawn was. May and Dawn both suck as Ash travel companions,Misty and Brock were Ash's best travel companions.

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
    Years
    I don't mind them that much, only like Kanto Brock, Misty and Tracy more really, Brock later got annoying and didn't really like Dawn, May or Max.

Cilian does get a bit annoying the way he talks and Iris always calling Ash a kid is annoying as well but toher than that I don't mind them that much.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I don't mind them that much, only like Kanto Brock, Misty and Tracy more really, Brock later got annoying and didn't really like Dawn, May or Max.

Cilian does get a bit annoying the way he talks and Iris always calling Ash a kid is annoying as well but toher than that I don't mind them that much.
    I only like Misty and Brock,aswell as Tracy. Brock pretty much gotten stale in the AG and DP series sagas,Dawn was an awful character,but May and Max were ten times worser then Dawn.

Back