• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Years
  • Since i'm not a big fan of Black/White i recently been playing alot of HG, i was just wondering if anyone is still playing HG/SS because i feel like a bit of a loner haha.
    I'm just waiting for a remake of Emerald so i need something to keep myself busy :D

smurf

Veteran Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    im playing HG/SS right now theres just so much more to do on those games and black and white gets old real fast

Years
  • Thank you! someone that agrees with me haha
    You're right, B/W does get very boring, very quickly. I just love the rematches which gives you an incentive to keep playing and level up your team as much as possible.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    I'm playing it right now to haha, i have just started again though with Totodile

Before migrating my team from Leaf Green unto Heart Gold I absolutely destroyed literally everything with Totodile lol, god knows why I bothered to still have Noctowl and Ampharos on my team though but oh well at least I had something to use HMs when I needed them lol.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I just recently beat my Soul Silver. I started playing Black (I bought the game for the 3rd time, because i didn't end it) only because i want to beat it. However once i'm done with it, I'll probably trade it in for Heart Gold.

Years

• Before migrating my team from Leaf Green unto Heart Gold I absolutely destroyed literally everything with Totodile lol, god knows why I bothered to still have Noctowl and Ampharos on my team though but oh well at least I had something to use HMs when I needed them lol.
    hahah that's what i did in my first run, when i got to the 8th gym i realised i didn't need any other Pokemon so i just used them as HM slaves :D

I just recently beat my Soul Silver. I started playing Black (I bought the game for the 3rd time, because i didn't end it) only because i want to beat it. However once i'm done with it, I'll probably trade it in for Heart Gold.

Good plan, but keep Soul Silver so you can get Skarmory and other SS exclusive Pokemon for your team in HG :)

Last edited:

Rest

Showstealer Pro: Trial Version
    Years
  • When I feel like playing a handheld, Pokemon SS is the first game I go to. Love the game to death, it has the best generation of Pokemon I think. Anyways, I don't have Black and White. xD

Years
  • When I feel like playing a handheld, Pokemon SS is the first game I go to. Love the game to death, it has the best generation of Pokemon I think. Anyways, I don't have Black and White. xD
    I've never played SS only HG, i prefer the exclusive Pokemon for SS like Skarmory :)

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i play both ss and hg but prefer ss, mostly because of its exclusives. plus, dppt and bw dont have much things to do after youve completed everything unlike ss. i hate contests and prefer gym/e4 leaders to have 6 pokemons instead of 5. but i would love hg/ss better if they removed the pokegearrrrrrr. it keeps ringinggggggggggggg

Years
  • i play both ss and hg but prefer ss, mostly because of its exclusives. plus, dppt and bw dont have much things to do after youve completed everything unlike ss. i hate contests and prefer gym/e4 leaders to have 6 pokemons instead of 5. but i would love hg/ss better if they removed the pokegearrrrrrr. it keeps ringinggggggggggggg
    Agreed haha i regret givng my number to those annoying kids who ring me every time they fight a Hoothoot !!!

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
    Years
  • Of course I still play SS/HG! My favourite game! But I liked Black/White adventures. But I play more my HG than my White, and the one of the reason I like HG/SS is because the Pokemon follows you!

socialydead

The Real Metal Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2012
    i just recently got back into pokemon ever since the original silver now just purchased ss and 2 badges with typhlosion and a couple more this game is beast!

Years
  • [SIZE="a"]I agree I played Pokemon white but once I completed it there's nothing to do but to be honest I much prefer ss and hg I'm not a big fan of black and white at the minute I'm just about to restart ss.[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I agree I prefer my silver to black and white. The dream world thing was a ncie idea in B/W but it isnt for playing the game. B/W only had the 'musicals' and apart from clothes you couldn't even win anything so I think it is a pity that there isn't anything else worth keeping on it.

I am still loving the pokethlon :D
    (I think I am now on 83 Pokethlon masters)

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • For some reason, I feel that Black and White just took a step back when it came to gameplay after Soul Silver. Sure, triple battles are nice. But Gen IV games had more to offer in the style of the Battle Frontier, Move tutors, it just seemed so more complete. Then Gen V had a seizure and removes Move tutors and playable content >.<

Years
  • For some reason, I feel that Black and White just took a step back when it came to gameplay after Soul Silver. Sure, triple battles are nice. But Gen IV games had more to offer in the style of the Battle Frontier, Move tutors, it just seemed so more complete. Then Gen V had a seizure and removes Move tutors and playable content >.<
    True, even a Battle Frontier would be a nice addition.

Back