• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Zythrone

The One And Only!
Years
  • I just sent all my good SS Pokemon over to Black and restarted SS...

So... yeah, you could say I play Soul Silver.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2012
    I still play my HG though I don't have a B/W version.
    Back in the days I got Gold version so I thought I should get its remake too and I don't regret it :)
    It's still fun to play. Probably because I have many things to do after beating the E4, 16 Gym leaders and Red.
    I'm completing the national dex right now.

Years
  • Soul silver is my fav game, I alwas end up playing it. I might restart it, im that keen. haha

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I occasionally play it, just to listen to GB sounds.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I haven't been playing my Pokemon Soul Silver lately, but I have been playing my friends Pokemon Heart Gold. I've been trying to get the shiny leaves for one of his Pokemon so he can get a star on his trainer card. I would of done it for mines, but I already got one Pokemon that has all of theirs (Lugia)

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2012
    BW sucks.... The storyline was crap and way too short and team plasma was just... dumb.

I just bought a new HG (I already had SS) because I loved SS so much so now I get to play it again! :D

Haguri

Wish Maker Haguri
    Years
  • I play soul silver the most. I enjoy it a lot more, and I never even played B/W, didn't really want to either @_@
    I love Pokemon and I've heard that B/W has the best storyline yet, but I prefer the other ones I guess. Dunno why.

Years
  • I'm actually doing a Lets-Play of SS on my youtube channel! =D (Conogaming) I loveee Soul Silver. You can spend soooo many hours on it! I've clocked over 77 hours on my other game, and I'm not anywhere close to finishing everything. (Though I'm sure if I was trying to speed-run it, I'd be much further along...)

Also, I find it really funny and creepy that I use the name "Conorex" and you're "Connorsaurus Rex"

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2014
    Since im a very big fan of nuzlockes im currently doing a nuzlocke on Heart Gold. Its a great excuse to play old games as playing through B/W 3 times makes it kinda boring :/

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Maybe it's just because Silver was my first game and Crystal one of my favourites of all time, but I will never get bored of playing SS. Still use my PokéWalker every day and everything!

Hydro Pumper

Water Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Soulsilver - I'm challenging all the Battle Frontier Facilities, because I really enjoy playing them and seeing if I can beat my score. Currently, the Battle Factory is my most played facility. :)

Heartgold - recently restarted, doing a Water mono-type "challenge", for some fun. I have just beaten the Elite Four for the first time and I am about to embark on the Kanto component of the game.

Black/White has basically nothing interesting to do post-game. I prefer the Generation II remakes. :/

Years
  • I still play it, but not much. There's not much left for me to do except get a few phone numbers and level grind to complete the PokeDex, and that gets old pretty fast. Once I get the National PokeDex on White I'm probably going to transfer all my Pokemon over and restart.

Aénex

I still play(I got it last Christmas. DX). Only because Diamond is old, so is the new Ranger, and I'm just waiting for Meloetta and everything because I've done pretty much everything on Black, but there are still some things to do with HG.

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2017
    I do, but I'm screwed at my current position. Croconaw and Pidgeot with a Pineco LV 24 for all of them against Morty >.<

The move tutors are the best feature that BW don't have, so I definitely want to play it. Now, let's get to RNGing on it...

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    Since i'm not a big fan of Black/White i recently been playing alot of HG, i was just wondering if anyone is still playing HG/SS because i feel like a bit of a loner haha.
    I'm just waiting for a remake of Emerald so i need something to keep myself busy :D

I still do but only when i'm ev training pokemon to send over to black and white (because they may have a move thats no longer available in gen 5 that I want them to know but was available in gen 4)

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Prepping to do this really challenging version of Nuzlocke on it, actually!

But besides that? I played it like crazy, but after I beat all the Kanto gym leaders in one day it became.... "What to do now?"

I never got into the total-post-game "breed the best Pokemon" thing on it.

Years
  • I occasionally play it since I am not far off completing the Pokedex (around 410 caught). This is one thing I would like to get around to doing, but I won't complete it fully as I don't have Shaymin, Deoxys, Celebi or Arceus (apart from in Gen 5).

Back