• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does anyone still play HG/SS?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
  • I was playing my SS the other night actually. I still play them. I always play older games. Usually I have an extra copy so that one can be the storage game and the other I can restart over and over. So I have a Japanese SoulSilver and two HeartGolds, one of which was my sister's that I was originally borrowing, but she hasn't really asked back for it. So I guess it's mine now? Haha. But the point is, I still play them plenty. Great games. :)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I still play both. :D They're great games and have a lot of stuff to do post-main story. :]

Shiny Dunsparce

SummerFeuer on P.G.L
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Aug 5, 2014
    Still play mine. I would re-start it but I think I might wanna train my pokemon up to lv. 100 and max all their stats out.

Years
  • Black/ White didn't seem as good as past games for me, so I stick to the fourth generation. Of course I still play White, but not often.
    In fact, just recently I bought SoulSilver, so that's what I'm playing at the minute.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I play Heart Gold, Soul Silver, and Platinum quite often actually! I love to play through these games and then RNG everything in sight, store the Pokemon elsewhere, start over, and do it again! So yeah, I definitely still play... lol

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • I'm still playing HeartGold cause I just beat the Elite Four not too long ago and I'm still exploring Kanto. Plus Gold and Silver are some of my favorite games and the battery to my Gold is dead.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Gold and Silver are my favorite... So yeah, I've been a huge fan of HS/SS since release. I haven't trained a team to beat Red yet on either copy of the game. I have been tempted to restart to get the lengaries all over again... But I dont want to lose my pokewalker progress. I think I'm going to end up re-buying one of the two just to restart the game, and I haven't decided which one I feel like restarting though. I just feel that there is still plenty to explore still, and always will be. I've never felt that the supposed end of a Pokemon game is ever truly the end. I have always wanted to catch em all in each game {not merely trade over, but catch every Pokemon that can be caught legitly in a game and trade only the ones not found}. And I love breeding [I spend more time breeding than working on leveling up ones I need to level to evolve].

All in all I'll keep playing HG/SS probably until at least Gen VI eventually comes out, and probably later.

--Ringo

Years
  • I once enjoyed SoulSilver, but I'm an official resident of Unova now.

What this translates to is I won't be playing SS again anytime soon.

Doogle3097

Hola.
    Years
  • I've completed the main part of Black and I'm just training Pokemon and working on my Dex now, but I'm lacking Johto Pokemon so I started SoulSilver again as it's by far my favourite of the main series, and I can transfer any new Pokemon that I didn't get in my first playthrough over to Black straight away. My team last time was a mix of Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokemon, this time I'm just going to play without any traded Pokemon.

Bika

lmfao
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2012
    Yes. It's one of the games I'm currently playing. I grind on it while watching anime : D

SPEEDIE

*Insert Random Joke Here*
    Years
  • I recently restarted Heart Gold as I had completed both Black and White, and I'm currently playing it right now, the only bad thing is that I don't have my Event Pokewalker courses and the Enigma Stone, but as I have at least 2 of each of the Lati's that doesn't bother me too much

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • I am.
    There's some movesets you cannot get with B/W alone namely a Roost Skarmory or a Roost Lugia.
    Also need a Dark Pulse Ekans for breeding a Dark Pulse Deino ^^

Back