• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does Ash age?

Chibi - Dalgia_X

[Y da hell am i smilin]
    Years
    Ash should be 15

Block should be 18

May should NOT be 10 because 10 year olds do NOT have a noticeable chest size
    (to put it cleanly)
    also the same with Dawn, they both should be 13 at least

and Misty should be 16

Jessie should be 19

and James should also be 19

Pokemon aint a kiddy show no more like it used to be witch is a good thing

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Shouldn't Ash actualy be 20 as the anime & games have been around for 10 years?

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Shouldn't Ash actualy be 20 as the anime & games have been around for 10 years?
    Actually were counting in Anime Years, I think o.o
    If Ash were actually 20, shouldn't he be actually a lot taller? o.o
    I think Ash is 13...Since like destinedjagold said. 1 year every season, kinda like Digimon Adventure (o.o;;)

Years
    Ash began his journey at 10, then returned and went to Johto, 11, then went back and went to Hoenn at 12. I found that out in a newspaper in the kiddy section :D... Now, since he's in Sinnoh, then maybe he's gonna be 13. Man, every region, adds a year to his age. oh well...

correction dont forget orange islands it wasnt a region in any game
    but it was in anime
    then how old is pikachu like i think he would be 4 y o

boo836

I'm back?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2009
    Ash aged in the third movie, making him 11. So approximentaly for every three movies he should be 13. (Or 13 and a third in japan almost two because I'm very sure they are making another movie after dialga and palkia because of a trailer I on an official japanese page)

Pokefan2008

Objection!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2008
    Yet when you say the show started in japan 1997 and in the usa in 1998,
    they didnt exacly give new episodes every day.

:t149:Pokefan2007

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
    I'm thinking he's now like...13 at least :|
    I mean, he's a lot tougher than he was to begin with. And really, he couldn't travel so many places in one year. If you played one episode a day and added all of the inbetween time in the episodes, he has to grow about two years!

On another note, have you noticed there are no seasons in Pokemon? xD Eternal summer for Ash~

EmpoleMew

Lunatic Lunar Rabbit
    Years
    Yeah, I say Ash has to have aged at least twice throughout the series. According to the anime, Ash has aged at least once. According to the games, Red is 13. According to the manga characters page on serebii, Red is 16. No matter which one you go by, Ash is not 10 anymore.
    @Chibi-Chan, Yes! I've noticed that the seasons never did change. It's always summer in the Pokemon world! That doesn't seem too fair.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    Ash will NEVER be above even 16. You can tell since he hasnt been like Brock and gone girl crazy. Anyway you can tell that Ash isn't seventeen since his personality is still remotely the same as it was in the first season

Well like I said. That would be his age if you guess when has a year passed. Still I also said and Icha kinda did too but we said he should be like 14 or 13. Still I think it is all agree that at this moment in the anime that Ash still looks the same but he has matured a little. Unless everybody wants to believe that it hasn't even been a year since Ash became a Pokemon trainer. Teeheehee

Dyegov

Spider Pig!
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    Well, ash's voice has actually aged since the actor who makes it has grown, but his physical appearance has only changed a little bit . . . I would say he's maximum 14

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, ash's voice has actually aged since the actor who makes it has grown, but his physical appearance has only changed a little bit . . . I would say he's maximum 14

Actually, you're wrong. The voice actor just changed entirely.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2007
    like most animation (Eg the simpsons which has ran for 20 years) writers don't make them age to keep drawings from changing, imagine if every year they had to make Ash taller and change his voice? It would be realistic but for viewers be strange

Back