• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Does Crystal EVER die?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    It seems as if everyone who owns Pokemon Crystal, including myself, still have their saved data. Is there any reason for this?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2012
    well I restarted recently. But it is addicting.(I probably wont restart again for a while.)

Years
    i still have my Crystal data but my silver game just wont save i save my game and then the next day i go to play its gone

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Yeah, now that you think of it one time I played my Crystal for about 1000 hours and it still works. I was addicted to it at that time (and still play it today except I made a new date :()

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2024
    I still play it every now and then. I never had any save data problems.

Tsugaru

Twilight
    Years
    I still play from way back then, I randomly restart it or my cousin lends it. It's very addicting and I rate it still the best out of all the games.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    -_- I made this thread to know if the deta problem that exists in Gold and SIlver exists in Crystal, because I have yet to meet someone who's had problems with it.

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
    There's actually been reports on the 'net that, yes, it does eventually go bad. (Mine has yet to do so, personally, but then again, my copy of Silver lasted pretty much until last year, and even after it deleted its own save file, it still saves without a problem for one weird reason or another.) Crystal uses the same type of internal battery that Gold and Silver use, so it's logical that it might actually happen. It's just that it's difficult to say, as there's no specific set time for a battery to expire -- just an estimated time.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Yeah, it goes bad. Mine went bad in '06. Of course my Crystal Version was primary GSC game (actually my favorite of the entire series!), so I'd upload your save file while you can and download a ROM so that you don't lose all that data you worked so hard to get.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Lol, Crystal dies so easily. Gold never died on me. For 9 years, in the washer, in a pool, not once did it die.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Lol, Crystal dies so easily. Gold never died on me. For 9 years, in the washer, in a pool, not once did it die.
    Watch you drop it on your bed and it dies. xP

Crystal, Gold, and Silver all all dead. Silver unnaturally; the washer. Ash for the other two, they just died. Never saw a point in restarting them.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    I've heard of that rumor. It never enters my room D:

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    My ruby died before my gold\silver did, and my friend's gold died soon after he gave it to me.

>How do you fix the internal battery problem in ruby? I have an emerald and have tried the glitch fix using link cable, with no success.

My red died 2 and i restarted (have had it on for 224 hours on sp plugged in)

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    My Crystal seems to have died. I found it the other day and it has no save file. So I started again, played for an hour and saved. I turned it back on the next day and it was gone again. -_-

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    No. My Crystal, Silver and Gold versions haven't got their saves erased since I got them back in two thousand or two thousand and one. I'd say that Crystal can get its file wiped as it runs on the same internal battery.

Master Jumblecrunch

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Watch you drop it on your bed and it dies. xP

Crystal, Gold, and Silver all all dead. Silver unnaturally; the washer. Ash for the other two, they just died. Never saw a point in restarting them.
    Uh......no. I had it on my bed and it never gone dead.

Mine silver hasnt dies on me yet. Its been like 8-9 years sense i got it. I play it once in a while.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back