• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Does everyone cheat?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I take offense to that. I play the game right, I just don't want to let go of my Shinies/Events so I clone them.
    I don't really care if you clone your shinies. :) What I'm talking about is just cheating with the gameplay, like my cousin does. He doesn't train his own Pokemon...or catch them really. He didn't even do the Gyms...he got a friend to...

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I dont have one but am considering it to clone quickly
    I don't cheat. Just because I found a way to get Darkrai, Arceus, and Shaymin everyone thinks I cheat, but I don't!
    Lol at this guy

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    I have an AR Advance and an AR DS. I ALWAYS play through the game without help the first time. Then, I only use the AR for trivial things, like money and quicker level ups. Oh, and I use it for TMs.

However, I have a fierce policy to NOT use it to capture or hack pokemon. The ones you're fighting are all caught myself, only they have TM moves I'd have to breed for to get otherwise, and they leveled up in half the time to save me the trouble.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    I own an Action Replay DS, but I do not know how to use it ironically. I bought one for "legit" purposes. (Ex: Cloning, free items, etc.)

I don't use an AR to hack pokemon or obtain otherwise unobtainable pokemon, such as Arceus, Darkrai, and Shaymin.

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    I dont have one but am considering it to clone quickly

Lol at this guy

E4 Glitch says hi. Oh and movie Darkrai.

Though I don't know about using that glitch to get Arceus...

Years
    I never owned a cheating device, it's not worth the money IMO.
    I see no point in getting a game if you are too lazy to play it.

If you use cheating devices to get events you might have reason, but for me getting events that way doesn't really count. Cheated event Pokémon aren't really special since they aren't hard to get. I'd rather have none than cheated ones.

Valkyrie90

Spiritual Concentration
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2008
    Most people just use an AR to get infinite of all items. Which is understandable because for certain TMs like Stealth Rock, having only 1 isn't enough, and people don't feel l like painstakingly saving up points from the Battle Tower to get TMs like Earthquake or searching for a bunch of Luvdisc to get a Heart Scale. I think people using an AR is get Event Pokemon is also understandable because Nintendo's whole event system is ridiculous and most people aren't able to make it to them and would you rather drive all the way to NYC for an event, or just use a AR to get it in 5 mins?

Naito

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2013
    Meh, with cheating I just use it to get stuff I can't (no WiFi, and no Fire Red/Sapphire), such as version exclusive Pokemon and TMs.

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
    I say as long as you're doing things that would be possible within the game SOME kind of way (not events), it really isn't much to get fussed up about. Having all the good TMs is possible through a combination of the Battle tower and Battle Revolution, and also through breeding. And if I want 15000 exp. from beating up a lvl. 2 wild starly, who cares? I could train my Gengar upt o lvl. 50 the traditional way.

What should you care if my Gyarados has Earthquake from Battle Points or from my AR? It's not an illegal Gyarados, and unless I told you it wouldn't make any difference.

Myzou

Lost and Confused xD
    Years
    I don't cheat, in fact, I consider the use of walls, Ubers, and certain OU pokemon cheating, just because they take away from the fun of battling.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    I don't cheat, in fact, I consider the use of walls, Ubers, and certain OU pokemon cheating, just because they take away from the fun of battling.

I think I've seen this post somewhere else before... either way, it made me lol. The part about walls, I mean.

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    I have indeed cheated long before, it was the Emerald Version. I basically outgrew New-Gaming FireRed version to Obtain the TM's I needed for the game, I cheated using the "Obtain all TM's", makes life easier

oh, for those of you who say that cheating means you are a lazy bum and not knowing how to play? I could just tell you to get a life, k?

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    oh, for those of you who say that cheating means you are a lazy bum and not knowing how to play? I could just tell you to get a life, k?
    If you think about it...that doesn't make sense. xD
    We're all entitled to our own opinions, and that's mine. Personally, if you think that hacking every Pokemon, cheating on Gym battles and in gameplay doesn't make you lazy then I don't know what does. T.T

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
    The only problem I have with people who cheat is Wi-Fi usage. It's very annoying and frustrating when every trainer you battle seems to have all of the unobtainable Pokémon in their shiny form and level 100. Some people out there, like me, actually spend time and work hard to train Pokémon. It's just a let-down that so many people take advantage of technology.

Shadowz

Among the Shadowz...
    Years
    I don't cheat, i consider cheating a bad thing but people still do it. I think they are ruining their own game so I dont really care :D!

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    Remember when i jus t said i dont cheat well ijust gotthis codebreaker as an gift andi got max monet and max cherish balls @_@

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    Hilarious. :D

Just don't use Pokes caught in Cherish Balls on WiFi, or else you'll be called a hacker, even if the Poke itself is legit.

Squeenix

Meow
    Years
    one of my friends has a ar and I sometimes use it for cloning, I use it for tm's too and I am usually called a hacker because I have a Blissey that's shiny that i use for battling (bad stats though)

Guns n' Roses

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • LA
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008
    I have an action replay i know its cheating but its cool because you could get any pokemon you want shiny or not and lots and lots of nessacery items

Back