• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does everyone use EX cards?

Years
    I've been playing online, I just started a few days ago. Pretty much everyone I've been against has used at least one, if not most of their pokemon, are EX cards. :/ Is there even an easy way to beat them? It takes a lot just to knock out one of them, let alone a whole team of them. I don't really want to have to make my deck full of EX cards.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2015
    I have 1 usually. Mostly for the ability of Virizion Ex. If not for Hypnotoxic lasers, i wouldnt use Virizion Ex. So blame that card not virizion.

Years
    I don't currently have a deck, but when I did, I did use a couple.

Basically, the reason they're used so much is that all normal EX cards count as Basic Pokemon, at least the ones released since the Black & White era started. Basic Pokemon can be in play turn 1 and are pretty fast to setup since you can focus your efforts on getting energy rather than trying to find all the Pokemon as well. In the Pokemon TCG, speed is crucial. Grind-it-out decks don't do well because there's so much speed available to players in terms of getting setup.

Marsyas

Master of Shuppets
    Years
    suicune prevents ex pokemon from attacking it and silver bangle does extra damage (i'd just go with a headband though)

I keep 2 ex's in a deck as back up but i try not to use them.

RandomHype

Explosive Explosion
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2015
    if you want to not use EX's, maybe you could create an anti EX deck
    using cards such as sigilyph, pyroar, miltank (and Butterfree), boufalant, suicune, and silver bangle

But if you make a stratagey to ONLY counteract another, you are going to run out of options. I suggest finding a solid card you like, adding other good cards with it, and maybe adding a few EX hosers on the side.

Its a feeling everyone gets when they enter the TCG; to blow up all EXs. But really, focus on building your own strategy and adding some EXs and EX counters on the side

I agree 2 EXs in a deck is a decent amount

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2015
    Suggestions: you can use Bouffalant, from your Serperior theme deck, to counter ex or use suicune or sigilyph

I personally recommend using a team of bouffalant. If you run into something like shaymin ex or emolga ex or any ex with an hp of 120-, then you can 1 hit ko them. Otherwise, you can 2 hit ko any ex in the format, even some megas.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back