• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Ban me for the truth ._.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I was thinking... Isn't it about time to delete inactive profiles?

The only reason this site has more members than the other major forums is because none of the old, unused accounts are ever deleted. My account should'vce been deleted by now after coming back after MANY months of not going here. Smae thing with theads and posts. THis site has the most also becuase the old ones are never ever deleted ._.

Wouldn;t the site take up less memory and be faster if you did?

This forum has a great staff and all, but shouldn't this have been put into effect ages ago?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    o_o; The older accounts were pruned just last week.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    o_o; The older accounts were pruned just last week.

Only the most oldest. WHat about mine, which was inactive for about SIX MONTHS?

IMO, 2 Months gone is already too much u.u

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    You should be happy our account asn't been deleted, I supose PokeCommunity dosen't delete account to often because some member's might have load's of posts etc and they might get deleted if they have a break, or there computer need's fixing.

6 month's isn't that long, imo the limit should be about 2 year's just to make sure.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If they deleted your account then they'd have to delete all your posts. o_O

Why delete the posts? On other forums, I've seen accounts get pruned and the posts remeained as "Guest" replies. I'm talkign about sites where "Guests" can't actually reply O.o;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    First off, we're not like other forums. We don't have to be like them if we don't want to. If we don't want to delete old accounts or posts then it's totally up to us, not because so and so forum is doing it.

Second, even if we deleted accounts that's a lot newer we wouldn't be deleting accounts with posts. One reason that we'd have a ton of threads with "Guest" for posts. And we don't want that.

Third, we don't ban just because we feel like it (you have to have warnings or done something really wrong like join to just spam).

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
    Years
    To be honest, I don't see any point in deleting account's. May I ask why you think that the accounts should be deleted?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Listen: we had over ten thousand accounts pruned barely over a week ago. Plus, we have turned off several resource-consuming features (Who's Online, for example) with little to no improvement as far as uptime. So honestly, I doubt deleting some posts would do much for our case.

Anyway, we just pruned all the completely inactive accounts, by which I mean those of people who joined and, by this time, accumulated zero posts in total. All other accounts, such as yours, with which posts were made, are kept. We don't do this to have "the most accounts" or "the most posts," it's just how we run this forum. o_o;

If there's barely any change whatsoever from deleting accounts and turning off high-resource forum functions, I don't see the point in deleting even more accounts if there's no real benefit other than attaching "Guest" to someone's post (or, in some cases, though that may only be for manual deletion and not pruning, a hyperlink-less username). So the policy won't change.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Pruning users is a last resort measure for databases that get too big o_o

I am shocked PC even pruned old users, to be quite blunt. And PC has quite a lot of "Active Users" (8k+), so it isn't trying to boast more then it has.

Oh and to be in "Active Users" you need to login atleast once a month.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2006
    I had one post until like last month. I probably wouldn't even be posting ehre if it had pruned. >_>;;;

Back