• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't be selfish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Like everyone said, please calm down......

I've been new before & I know how it feels like when a thread you've posted is empty, trust me. PC's a big place & lots of different people post here, we have different interests.

I'm sure some people have peeked at your thread, maybe it isn't what they were looking for. PC is indeed open for everyone & there IS a rule saying that we should not disrespect fellow members. Nobody is disrespecting you by not posting in your RP.

You have no right to call the moderators or staff members 'selfish', they aren't. Like I said, people have different interests, they don't necessarily have to post in every new thread posted by every member. There're there for other reasons.

Why not take time to make friends, especially those who are interested in RPs like you? They should be more than happy to post in your RP if you ask them politely in my opinion.

Once again, please calm down & rethink what you have said.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    About dat RP Corner. When a new RP is posted, there is always a possibility that no one is actually interested in the idea, unless you've tossed it around in the discussion thread or talked to some friends there about it first. Also, I have always recommended for completely new players to join some existing RPs before they make their own, simply to get to know how the section works first; being a GM means responsibilities and if you have never posted in the section before, no one really knows you or how good a RPer you are and some people only want to join RPs where they know what to expect.

So, what I am saying (on the RP topic, even though you might have left it, heh is that your case is not unique and you should not feel bad about it. Try to join another RP to get into the swing of it and maybe if people think you are nice to RP with, they will come and join your own RP then :)

About the forum as a whole; I too have been ignored before. But it's not really fair to call it "ignored". If people have nothing meaningful to say, they won't post. Even though chitchat is fun, I think that's a good thing because then threads won't be cluttered and spammed in. That's what Other Trivia is for 8D

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I'd like to give my two pennies as well.
    I looked at your join date and I noticed you've only been a member for a week. On a forum as big as this, it takes time to fall into place. I've been here for seven years (and that's saying something, as it's the only internet forum I still frequent) and it took me time to find friends and figure out what I wanted here. I think I met my first internet friend (I still know her and talk to her now and then) two weeks after I joined. So, give it some time. Time and patience are important.

Red's Hawt Chibi Peppers mentioned the Other Trivia section. If you want to get noticed and make friends easily, go there. There are always people posting around in the OT section and they won't be able to ignore you as many threads require to say something about the poster above.

And finally, as a side note, I've had many times that I was the last poster in the thread before it died. 8D; It's nothing unusual. I know it's not fun, but it happens.

Moltres Rider

Banned
    Years
  • just a little heads up OP... I've been on this forum for almost TWO YEARS and to this day, sometimes it can take up to FOUR DAYS for a single reply to my threads... but they eventually get replies... just wait... you'll get replies...

Years
  • Oh god...Now i'm sick became crazy member..
    But only some of you, that your post here, make sense to my problem..
    Some of you just...Out of my problem....
    But thanks...It's only hurt...when you post on a thread and like not noticed...
    Something like this..

@A
    Sooo....What is pokemon game that good now?

@Me
    Pokemon BW2!!

@B
    Emerald maybe :3

@A
    Sounds fun!
    So..anything else?

@C
    Tales of The abyss!

@A
    Pokemon game y know!

Something like my post just not been noticed..
    I hope i can be welcome here more than that... And..
    HOW COULD I BECAME CRAZY MEMBER?! XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    HOW COULD I BECAME CRAZY MEMBER?! XD

If you are referring to your emblem, you should know that most emblems are seen as an achievement and there are probably those who try hard to get that emblem you have. But most emblems are just for fun, so don't worry if you don't really understand why you got it :) It is the moderators and admins who can give out emblems to the members they think deserve it. So, just have a laugh at it :3

ahmet476

standing around
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    @A
    Sooo....What is pokemon game that good now?

@Me
    Pokemon BW2!!

@B
    Emerald maybe :3

@A
    Sounds fun!
    So..anything else?
    I don't think that your post isn't noticed. You can't expect people to reply to every post separately. "A" makes a topic asking for best X and doesn't login to forum for a few days. "A" can reply to all of the posts with just one reply saying "thanks guys. you helped me." That doesn't mean "A" ignores anyone's post. "A" just doesn't have time to answer everyone individually or doesn't want to do it.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • I think this thread has gone on long enough. It appears all issues have been settled so no more responses are needed. Good day!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back