• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

@Pokestick - Agreed, he's the manliest there ever was. So manly that he has his own bathroom.

@-Lapris- - In reality, he's not supposed to be the manliest man alive. They laud him as such, but he's really just a kid that oversteps his bounds and had far too many faults to truly be a man, hence why he depends on Simon.

Actually, the first time I watched TTGL, I really didn't like it that much. I was never a fan of Deus ex Machina and "SPIRIT!!!!", and this one kinda relished in it, so much that at various points I even turned my TV off. I did finish it, though. It was my fault from looking at it from a mostly serious perspective, I should have liked it at least a little more than I did.

...Then I watched it thematic perspective (well, when I say "it", I mean Gurren-hen and Lagann-hen) and I practically fell in love. I never really expected Gainax to make any sort of coherent (or subtle) thematic series, not after Eva and This Ugly Yet Beautiful World, but TTGL is THEMATIC GENIUS.

So now I'm writing a retrospective. yay.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I know he's not, he's the embodiment of Dai Gurren Dan/Spiral Power. The fan reaction that is "KAMIIINA XDDD MANLIEST MAN EVAR XDDDD KAMINA SHADDDDES XD" is what bothers me.

The second film was fantastic, first one was a little too choppy for me.

Not seen the Eva rebuilds here, yet.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

I've watched You Are (Not) Alone, and it wasn't bad; I certainly didn't feel bored watching it, and the reskinning made it look fantastic. I have You Can (Not) Advance, but I've yet to watch it. I will in time, but I have to watch Metropolis and the rest of the Conan movies first (since I said I'd finish them all in the span of a year).

Which reminds me, I heavily recommend Captured in her Eyes (movie 4), that one, in my opinion, is the best of the movies. Then again, I watched that one first (since I'd already seen the earlier ones in prior years), so I don't know if it's current, but of the ones I've seen, that was the only one that I remember striking me the way it did.

...And while I'm on the subject...how is Conan still a kid? I mean, I know he has an Ash complex and doesn't age (not canonically), but what's strange is that the world around him evolves. For instance, in the beginning he was using a payphone because cell phones weren't around, in fact, often times the lack of cell phones was pretty pivotal because he would have to get to payphones to call various people. Now he has a cell phone. And there are LCD/LED TVs. And cable. And he's still the same age. Wat.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

YA(N)A is, while really good looking, still practically a retelling of the original series. It's in the second film things are starting to go way out of the boundaries and change the story completely. In a really flipping good way. So looking forward to when the third film is subbed.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

I've been watching more films recently so I will probably get to them soon. I'm not a massive fan of the series but it should be fun times anyway.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I needed something to put in there. And since I saw people calling him the manliest man and stuff over the internet I thought "why not?" :p

Arma

The Hyena
Years
5. I never knew Pelipper was that weak... I'll definitely going to edit his stats to buff him a little. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back