• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years

8man was indeed pretty gr8, m8.

Spoiler:

Years

Apparently SNAFU rushed through things.

I am starting to lament how anime adaptations usually cut up a lot of plot development. (Unless it's SnK which drags everything and animates even the long pauses. o_O)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

That is what I would call a little ridiculous haha.

Right now the biggest problem I have with an adaption is Percy Jackson's movie adaption of the books. Just... ;;

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

Did they leave an opening for a sequel or did they go Eragon and destroy any semblence to the book?

I mean, Arya is DESCRIBED IN THE BOOK AS HAVING BLACK HAIR, yet she's a blonde in the movie

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Nothing can be worse than Dragon Ball Evolution in terms of adaptations.

...Well, except The Last Airbender.

I mean, at least the Street Fighter one (not the Chun-Li one) was entertaining, and the recent Tekken one wasn't that bad. The DOA one was, though.

And, speaking of adaptations, I'm looking forwards to the adaptation of Naoki Urasawa's Monster. Then there's Battle Angel Alita, which I've never seen/read, but...it's a strange choice of an adaptation for James Cameron.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years

I feel asleep during Eragon cause it was so bad haha

Street Fighter '94 was pretty good. I just wished they stuck to the lore more but I think they got pretty spot on with most of it, but you can't really be perfect with live action. But still I don't Ryu should've been that skinny ;~;

But DOA was terrible tho. They didn't attempt to try with it (rip in peices Helena ;~;). They went with the philosophy of the games and just had bewbs and fighting everywhere. Which actually now that I think of it, that was the point.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years

Dear God, Helena...they didn't try at all there. I mean, there's a story to the games. Sure, the games can be story-lite and sure they have an emphasis on the lady parts, but behind all that there's a legitimate story going on. Dead or Alive took the story and ran with it, easily making it the best single player experience of the series, but all of them had an emphasis on characters that the movie didn't capture at all. Heck, a quick look at the wiki of the games showed me that they really did care about the story they were crafting, but it's hard to make story a big thing in an arcady story mode such as DOAs.

And, this may just be me, but I didn't think they captured the sexual aspects of it very well. I mean, I can name a bunch of other movies that had mild/backroundish sexual themes, even in terms of mere attractiveness, and did them better. That's not really something you can mess up with DOA. You just can't :/

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023

They were never here to begin with

and let's not forget the Cat in the Hat either

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Time to bop in and be the boring one :D It's that easy, sammyskitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back