• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't Let the Moddies Say Zero! [DLTMS0 v5.0] THE END IS NIGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years

My friends are of the opinion that the series itself sucked. I chose rebuilds because modern animation. BUT if the original anime was better, I'll download and watch that, I guess.

Edit: Dayum pokey, u know a lot. :(

Also new mal list layout
    https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Derozio

derozio

Years

I heard they have the same story for the most part. So I'd obviously choose the one with better art style/animation/the more recently done one. :p

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Only the first film is close to the series.

Films are basically a dumbed down blockbuster version of the show. I'd also say that some of the best scenes that were in both had FAR more impact in the series.

derozio

Years

Well, I already have all three movies right now. Might as well watch them. The series will take a lot of time to download with my crappy net speeds. :p

@Pokey - Thanks, glad to hear you approve of the MAL layout thingy! <3

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Enjoy your supermarket brand Coke (and supermarket brand Coke with piss in it for that 3rd film) when you could easily have the real thing.

derozio

Years

> download speeds 60kbps
    > good quality torrents exceed 10GBs (just checked on nyaa)
    > not gonna be home for many more days
    > a lot of my time spent studying

yeaaaah, I'll watch the TV series later on. Watching a ♥♥♥♥♥♥ version will make me appreciate the original more, anyway.

shall check out dat album.

derozio

Years

Well, if you insist, sure. I have the whole Kyokai no Kanata and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series just sitting there. And Bebop too. And tons of Gintama (I've seen majority but not all of it). And the last two Kara no Kyoukai movies. Sure.

derozio

Years

I prolly won't. But I'm gonna watch it whole before I leave home anyway. :p I'm trying to get into the kind of series KyoAni does. I wanted to download Hyouka but I forgot about it.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

I guess Kyoukai no Kanata WOULD be the show to use as a stepping stone, considering they tried to make a supernatural action show.

Which does look quite nice with their huge animation budget.

derozio

Years

Well, getting into KyoAni shows is a side-goal. I'm watching it mostly because Blade recommended it to me. :p And yeah, dat huge animation budget being put into action, that too.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Kyoukai no Kanata had some really nice character design, some of my favourites from new-Kyoanus actually. Only the idol episode was memorable as far as plot goes though, really.
    Spoiler:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Yes. Had it been longer, maybe it could've been able to have a few more memorable monster of the week-type of episodes. Because as it stands I think the idol episode was the only one? Rest was "plot".

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Well, it was all just the lives of a bunch of kids encountering monsters. I suppose you could say idol one was filler or whatever but it was still the best one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back