• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't you love when games seem to cheat.

.Fenris

Just a bystander, don't shoot!
    Years
    I hate when you just suddenly realize you have a low-level Poke that can murder the other team if it was level-equal.

awsomedude30

Am I a beginning trainer?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2014
    lol if you think thats bad once i got 10 freezes in row from that stupid ice beaming dusclops the elite 4 member has

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
    When one Sand-attack stops you from hitting anything ever again, and sand-attacking the AI six times seems to BOOST their accuracy...

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Fantina was cheating when I fought her in Plat. last night. ): She confused me with goold ol' Confuse Ray, and I confused her Mismagius with Water Pulse. Guess which one of us kept hurting themselves with confusion? x_x; Then the darned thing kept evading Stun Spore and getting Critical Hits with Psybeam. Did not like.

PachiPachi

The Pachirisu freak!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I hate it when you're battling a gym leader or elite 4 and their pokemon is holding an oran or sitrus berry. I was battling Wattson in Emerald the other day and his Manectric had nearly fainted and then it ate its sitrus berry and it's health points went back to green. Then I had narly knocked it out again and he healed it with a super potion. That really annoyed me.

MASTERBOSSgodora

The Songbird of My Generation
    Years
    On Pearl recently my Blissey had been paralyzed and it couldn't move 8 turns in a row. I'm not sure if that's even possible without the game somehow sensing that Blissey was my final pokemon and I could have easily won the battle.

Years
    Every gym leader seems to have some endless supply of super/hyper potions, you get their pokemon down to red, your hopes go up "Yes, I'm finally going to beat this sucker" *such & such used hyper potion*
    Maybe that's how they win, cheat with potions until you're out of pokemon.

Recently in SS, one of my pokemon was put to sleep and slept for idk how many turns, needless to say it fainted. ridiculous.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
    Potion part is more predictable than a Sunny day + Solarbeam combo.
    Consider than a free turn to set up / heal your own Pokemon.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I've not had any traumatic encounters with the game endlessly using potions and berries to heal opposing Pokémon, BUT...

Recently in SS, one of my pokemon was put to sleep and slept for idk how many turns, needless to say it fainted. ridiculous.

...THIS I have had. It seems to me if your Pokémon gets put to sleep or is wrapped/Fury Attacked it seems to last 4 or 5 turns (3 at a minimum), and yet when you do it to an enemy Pokémon it seems to last 3 at the very most :/

Lieutenant Unstable

Camelot Castaway
    Years
    I hate when the opponent performs a move, then its my turn, but somehow, my opponent gets to strike again before I get to hit. This usually happens when my health is in the yellow and I made the decision to try and attack as opposed to healing.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
    Years
    I've noticed the "cheating" alot more recently in HG.

The opponent always seems to lay in on me. Critical Hits, status effects.
    1 Hit KOs...

And seriously. Most of moves hit. Especially against the E4 and Lance.
    Seriously.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    I hate when the opponent performs a move, then its my turn, but somehow, my opponent gets to strike again before I get to hit. This usually happens when my health is in the yellow and I made the decision to try and attack as opposed to healing.
    That's a consequence of higher speed, not cheating.

NidoKingdra

Envy The Dead
    Years
    On sapphire, rayquaza has iron tail, which has 70 accuracy, right, but this is the bad part. When it misses, it just keeps missing with it for like 5 turns, unless i use a different move.

On diamond, I found a shiny gold geodude, so i wanted to catch it, got a crit and 1hit KO'd it...This made me very angry.

shot571

in ss i noticed it a lot more. more crits and less being affected by status. me getting less crits and more affcected by status.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    The only time I feel cheated is when the opponant has illegal Pokemon. Like Lance's array of under-levelled Dragonites, or Falkner's under-levelled Pidgeotto. The times when I looked at a Pokemon and said "What the...? NO! Dragonite doesn't evolve until WAY later! How...?! Just how?!" ~♪

Back