• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Don't you love when games seem to cheat.

RoxasauceKOD

No! My sauce belongs to me :<
Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2014
    I had a adamant lv20 grovyle who got 1 hit ko'd by a lv17 Machop using Karate Chop with crit.

After it got 3 more criticals and how many do i get. Zero. :(

Personal Opinion - Hoenn Fails Badly!
    Who else thinks that out of curiostity?

Edit: I was battling with a torchic and used focus energy but my opponent got the crits.

oh the irony

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • I do hate it when the game seems to have everything work out perfectly sometimes, And its just the way the dice roll, nothing you can do.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I hate it when gym leaders and elite 4 heal their pokemon when their health is in the red. They just like take advantage of your pokemon's PP.

Years
  • I've recently bought an Emerald, and it's starting to piss me off. I whittle down a Pokemon into an area where the trainers won't heal them and I can still kill 'em in one hit, and what happens? I get a critical hit.

It's happened about seven times in a row, and I'm really starting to get angry. I haven't gotten a single critical hit when I need one. :(

RoxasauceKOD

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2014
    I've recently bought an Emerald, and it's starting to piss me off. I whittle down a Pokemon into an area where the trainers won't heal them and I can still kill 'em in one hit, and what happens? I get a critical hit.

It's happened about seven times in a row, and I'm really starting to get angry. I haven't gotten a single critical hit when I need one. :(

Thats why i love False Swipe :)
    and sauce i really love the sauce

oh wait im going off topic...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate it when people think critical hits have something to do with the game. It's not just because it's RSE. RBY had critical hits out the wazzu. I see where you're coming from though. Can't say it hasn't happened to me.

Anyway, the game does cheat you in Battle Frontier a lot. I can't think of anything major at the moment, but there's certain times where your opponents are getting all the luck. Ain't too fun.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • I had a adamant lv20 grovyle who got 1 hit ko'd by a lv17 Machop using Karate Chop with crit.

After it got 3 more criticals and how many do i get. Zero. :(

Personal Opinion - Hoenn Fails Badly!
    Who else thinks that out of curiostity?

Karate Chop has an increased critical hit ratio.

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2010
    if the luck is on my side, i like it. but if it doesn't, i hate it.

@^
    yea, it seems you're right :D

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I know what you mean. At first you have it all planned out and your winning. Next thing is that you get confuse rayed and you can never hit :(

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I hate it when gym leaders and elite 4 heal their pokemon when their health is in the red. They just like take advantage of your pokemon's PP.
    I never minded this, but what I do mind is how they can use those items without it taking up a turn like it would for the player.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • This is why I keep a savestate.
    What I really seem to hate is that Pokemon, despite not being a Hack N Slash game of some sort, can turn into a button mashing experience when your Pokemon just dominates the other.

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • I've recently bought an Emerald, and it's starting to piss me off. I whittle down a Pokemon into an area where the trainers won't heal them and I can still kill 'em in one hit, and what happens? I get a critical hit.

I heard Emerald had a bad RNG compared to other games. I can't post any English sources though.

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
    Years
  • I hate it when my level 100 Charizard can't beat a level 16 Poochyena in one hit with Fire Spin. I know it's not the most powerful move, but it seemed to do a substantial amount of damage when battling the Elite Four...

~Night

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    I hate it when people think critical hits have something to do with the game. It's not just because it's RSE. RBY had critical hits out the wazzu. I see where you're coming from though. Can't say it hasn't happened to me.

Anyway, the game does cheat you in Battle Frontier a lot. I can't think of anything major at the moment, but there's certain times where your opponents are getting all the luck. Ain't too fun.

There's a video of an NPC'S Walrein in Battle Tower (of course) using Sheer Cold 3 TIMES IN A ROW
    with a Quick Claw activating EACH TIME! The player didn't even get to move.
    That was ridiculously rigged.
    But yeah, the Battle Tower does not earn the name "Hax Tower" by chance....

@RoxasauceKOD:
    I don't know about those Critical Hits though.....Like someone said, Karate Chop
    has increased Critical Hit ratio.

Last edited:

Nightrider434343

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2010
    I remember when I was playing a friend's platinum version, and I was in the battle Hall(I think that's what it is called...) Anyway, I was battling a Touros, and it used frustration 3 times in a row, fainting every single one of my pokemon. Fear the frustrated Touros!

RoxasauceKOD

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2014
    o_O thats scary

angry tauros i wouldnt like see that. My XD ursaring will stop it though with return

love will win against anger.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
  • When your level seventy something can't take down something at level thirty in one hit because of a type disadvantage ¬¬

Back