• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Dope!!!!!!!!

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    I was playing Fire Red, and the FIRST POKEMON I SAW IN THE GAME was a SHINY PIDGEY!!! I was so mad because you don't have any pokeball until your deliver the prof's parcel!!! ARGH!!!!! I'll never get that chance again...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    Wow, that must suck. I always hate how you can never buy/recieve Pokeballs in the absolute beginning, and you always have to do a little guest first...

/me casts Death on Oak's Parcel

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
    Yeah I agree, Prof. Oak should give you at least 5 when he make you pick your first pokemon. That was really bad luck. :P

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    They should start you off with a shiny pokemon, just to make everyone in the whole world feel specia...l

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    ^_^; But then you wouldn't really feel as special... kinda like with the Red Gyarados.

As for me, I've only ever come across a shiny Pokemon once (excluding Gyarados). oo; Luckily, it was late in the game and I was able to catch it. Then again, I almost didn't notice it. XD I know someone who found a shiny Hoothoot in the beginning of GSC. @_@ It must really suck to see one and not be able to catch it.

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    Lightning said:
    ^_^; But then you wouldn't really feel as special... kinda like with the Red Gyarados.

As for me, I've only ever come across a shiny Pokemon once (excluding Gyarados). oo; Luckily, it was late in the game and I was able to catch it. Then again, I almost didn't notice it. XD I know someone who found a shiny Hoothoot in the beginning of GSC. @_@ It must really suck to see one and not be able to catch it.

LOL and the sad thing was that I bragged about that Shiny Gyarados until I found out everyone had one!

I never really got to know my Red Gyarados, I made it a Sex Slave @_@ It had really good moves though.

Cherrim

Years
    Lol, that's an... interesting way of putting it. XD

I used to make fun of my friend because she beat it instead of catching it. o_O

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
    lol.. dont they give less experience points? OMG lightning I had the illest vision! You posted something about what i posted above and then I got banned :) and you were like...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!11111oneoneone

Cherrim

Years
    I'm pretty sure a shiny Pokemon would give the same amount of EXP as anything else... Lol, I have no clue. *is so useless when it comes to games* XD;

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    A shiny Pokemon in FRLG or RS has no difference in comparison to the other Pokemon except for appearance. They won't give you extra EV, extra Exp or learn new moves.

I saw a shiny spinarak before in GSC, but I killed it asap because... I hate bugs o.o;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Aw... anyways. The same thing once happened to me in RuSa - a shiny Poochyena. I can't remember the exact colour, since I haven't played the games for ages... but I know how you feel. But like frostweaver said, a shiny Pokemon really isn't anything to brag about, since the only difference is in the colour... which isn't that good when ti comes to battling.

~ MCD

IceKitten

Sneasel! Ice Beam!
    Years
    I always save state when I encounter a shiny, and this one time, I saw a shiny (can't remember which one it was) and I went to my bag and there was nothing I could do, I didn't want to loose it though o_O

I just stared at it then fainted it :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Do you really need the masterballs? Almost every pokemon I've caught so far I've just tossed a Nest/Ultra Ball at it and I got it.

Only shiny POkemon I've had is a Bagon. Forgot the color it was but it's a green-skinned Salamence now.

Scyther5

One DEAD GUTTED Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    Awww, it will be ok GG. there will be more!
    As for me I havent even encountered one shinney!
    Sheesh

Back