• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Double Typing?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    If still confused as to why Flouderp hasn't got the water as its second typing... js :/ It is a land fish... How does it move around without swimming?

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I think Gothitelle should be Dark and Psychic, considering the tons of dark moves it can learn.
    Also, there are too many pure psychics, it's getting boring now.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
    I feel that Solosis' line should be Psychic/Grass. I thought it was a grass pokemon at first. It's green and its coating looks like chlorophyll to me.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Almost forgot; why did Game Freak permit this Rotom Forme of redundancy to continue?

Double Typing?

I mean, Flying-type and Levitate on one Pokemon? T_T Give it some useful ability! I like how Rotom's new Generation 5 type combinations knocked out the obscure dual typings of Electric/Fire, Electric/Ice, and Electric/Grass, though I still wish that the elements replaced the Electric-typing rather than the Ghost-typing...

Golurk should have been Steel-type IMO; we already have "ancient" golems, and Golurk looks more like an Iron Giant/Megazord-like Pokemon, both of which have metal components. At times I wish that Regigigas had taken the Ground-type or Normal/Ground-type instead, so we could have our generic inclusive earth "Golem"...

Also, I like Sawsbucks' Normal/Grass typing, but six weaknesses? My gosh... I really wish it had very formidable stats to compensate for those weaknesses, or at least some Rock and Psychic-type moves in its arsenal to combat said weaknesses... Changing its secondary type with its Forme would've helped it out a little, IMO...

Last edited:

j2y8n2x

Gothitelle iz naught imprezzed
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Almost forgot; why did Game Freak permit this Rotom Forme of redundancy to continue?

Double Typing?

I mean, Flying-type and Levitate on one Pokemon? T_T Give it some useful ability! I like how Rotom's new Generation 5 type combinations knocked out the obscure dual typings of Electric/Fire, Electric/Ice, and Electric/Grass, though I still wish that the elements replaced the Electric-typing rather than the Ghost-typing...

Golurk should have been Steel-type IMO; we already have "ancient" golems, and Golurk looks more like an Iron Giant/Megazord-like Pokemon, both of which have metal components. At times I wish that Regigigas had taken the Ground-type or Normal/Ground-type instead, so we could have our generic inclusive earth "Golem"...

Also, I like Sawsbucks' Normal/Grass typing, but six weaknesses? My gosh... I really wish it had very formidable stats to compensate for those weaknesses, or at least some Rock and Psychic-type moves in its arsenal to combat said weaknesses... Changing its secondary type with its Forme would've helped it out a little, IMO...
    Jynx's abilities has always been useless...
    what...? Oblivious? It should be mero-mero-body!!
    She's the one that needs to attract people XD

Golurk so looks like a robot more than a ghost to me!
    It should be steel!! and not ghost!!

Years
    Discuss your thoughts about the double typing!

I think that Chaoboo and Emboar shouldn't be fire/fighting. I think they should be plain Fire.

Dewott and Samurott should be Water/fighting (seriously, Samurott is Samurai + Otter. No fighting type?)

Servine and Serperior should be maybe Grass/dragon?

Also i think Deerling and Sawsbuck should change types according to season:
    Summer - Fire
    Autumn: Grass
    Winter: Ice
    Spring: Normal

What do you think?

I was thinking that about Deerling and Sawsbuck just now when I was in the seasons thread.

I think it could be a good idea but it may get annoying if every season you need to teach it a new STAB attack. Although an idea would be to have a fixed STAB attack that also changes with the seasons.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    I was thinking that about Deerling and Sawsbuck just now when I was in the seasons thread.

I think it could be a good idea but it may get annoying if every season you need to teach it a new STAB attack. [S-HIGHLIGHT]Although an idea would be to have a fixed STAB attack that also changes with the seasons.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

Sigh...that's a great idea. Horn Leech/Wood Horn (Sawsbucks' signature move) could have been that move that changes type with the seasons, and we would have had unprecedented Fire-type (Summer), Ice-type (Winter), and Water-type (Spring) Draining/HP Restoration moves. :(

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2020
    sorry this is ten years late, but Samurott should be Water/Bug Type i don't know, it's look cool
    Emboar can keep it's typing as Fire/Fighting Type
    Serperior should be Grass/Dragon Type, since the Pokemon look like a Serpent

Back