• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doubled (Colorado290)'s Sprite Thread~

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    Hey guys, just gonna let you know right away that I do not take requests, BUT, this thread may prove beneficial for you guys who need trainer sprites for whatever reason.

I used to be rather stingy with my sprites, but a large majority are going unused, so I've decided to make a large portion of them free to use with credit to me.

And don't worry, if it starts off really crappy, that's because I started back in 2010, and I've been told that I've gotten miles better. I've made over 300 trainer sprites, and I also make trainer cards as well. Let me also say that the majority of these sprites are splices, meaning I've used official sprites to make them by heavily editing and mixing and matching sprites. Also, it should be noted that a few of these are scratched completely 100% as well. There are also borrowed templates or sprites from other spriters used in the following, but fear not, I've asked for permission from them all (if only I could remember their names >_>), but if it becomes an issue, I will remove them without argument.

So anyway, without further adieu, allow me to show you what all I've done.
    (my first one hundred trainer sprites)

(My second hundred)
    (Dittodos, also the icon of an old friend of mine)

I also made a spriting/splicing/editing tutorial at some point.

All of these trainer cards are made from a cookie-cutter style template that I've made from various resources from the web. If you're curious about how it works, I can upload my template for you.

His name is Slowderp

These are a few different sets of starters I made. I haven't advanced further on the last set.

Some fossil ideas i had before Gen 6 (THEYTOOKMYIDEASDARNIT>:0)

An evolution for Aerodactyl. Yes. Also before gen 6.

generic bird of the region, created before the Talonflame line appeared.

token pika clone

A couple of pokemon based on the kappa and tengu of Japanese legends.

This is a Pokemon that, when evolved, would change typings from fire/fighting to ice/fighting in battle.

nearly 100% scratched

(All terrible, second one was a request)

Boxi
    Tenti

These sprites are unique in that they are 100% scratched.

Stardraverse, and one of my personal favs

Dodolo

some fan made eeveelutions (and one preeveelution). Excuse the quality to a couple of these. From the top we has Prevee, Eevee, then Toxeon (Poison), Gnateon (Bug), Eeveeon (Normal), Drakeon (Dragon), and Spirion (Ghost)

Discorb and a previous incarnation of the pikachu clone

idk have some water bears
    Donkule. Token event legendary.

Have some eclipse legendaries

and the token 3rd legendary.
    3rd set of 100 trainers

a revamp i did of a couple of trainers (and a very tiny sentret)

free to use trainers. For instance, someone used them to create a set of "speed" trainers or something. But you can use them for whatever you want, especially if you need a boy or girl for a game.

You can use the first purple girl, the third, and the fourth sprites. The 2nd and 5th i will need to consider.

(Let it be known that I did not create any of the Pokemon seen in this trainer card, rather the Gengar, Charizard, Chesnaught, and Greninja were made by a group of assorted spriters from deviantart who gave permission for me to use their work in this card).

You're looking at a direct timeline of a good chunk of my works from 2010 to present day (I mostly elected to ignore trainer cards, team shots, etc). I've been told I've gotten better, which I guess anything is better than the front line of the spiky hair gang in the first picture. Yes, I've made fakemon before, but they aren't really as fun to make as trainers. I also dabble in team shots but trainer cards do it better justice, I think.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you guys want to use any of these sprites for something, just ask me which specific one and I'll tell you if its okay or not. I don't plan on keeping a specific schedule, so to speak, but you will see at least three or so sprites per post when I make an addition to this thread. I look forward to what you guys have to say~

Edit: 4/30/15, added more, they should be good now.

Last edited:

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    So I see that my images are currently non-existant for whatever reason. I apologize and will try to get the URL's from DA instead of uploading them here.

Anyway, here's a couple of images that DO work

This is an old one, but I thought it was worth showing. These are weapons from my own original series called Miracle Arts, and when I get the url's working for the previous sprites, then you'll see a couple in there.

As for my brand new one...

i bet you're wondering why one picture is transparent and this one isn't. I had to change laptops since then and my old photo editor i had downloaded isn't working on this computer, and i have no idea where i downloaded it last time, and for some reason the online one i used keeps turning them into .gif's, so i have trouble uploading them to DA.

at any rate, i decided to make a couple of swimmers. These are free to use with credit to me, though I can see myself using them for future sprites if i can.

Let me know what you think below, and I'll try getting as many of those URL's to work as i can

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    May I recommend you do some formatting? This thread is extremely clustered. I would love to react to your sprites, but the way the lay out is now, everything is just all over the place, and it's hard to see everything.
    One thing I did notice is that you pillowshade a fair bit in the things you shade yourself. There also seems to be a lot of light outlines, which don't work all that well when overused.

Years
    As for my brand new one...

i bet you're wondering why one picture is transparent and this one isn't. I had to change laptops since then and my old photo editor i had downloaded isn't working on this computer, and i have no idea where i downloaded it last time, and for some reason the online one i used keeps turning them into .gif's, so i have trouble uploading them to DA.
    If you need to make something transparent then just use Gimp. It's free and super easy to use. Here I made your sprites transparent for you. Feel free to upload it to DA.

Also I agree with MI. Your thread is super cluttered with stuff that it's hard looking at your sprites so a formatted OP would definitely look great.

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    Sorry, when I made this thread I just wanted to get everything in order so that way I could get to posting new sprites quicker. The main thing I was going for was a "beginning to present" sort of deal. What sort of formatting would you guys recommend?

Also, MI, what do you mean by pillow shading? I've never heard the term before :0 And yeah, I do admit, some of my outlining does need work, I just can't stand seeing pure black pixels used in skin or hairs when it really has barely any need to be there, you know? Like a as time went on, I began to notice that stuff in sprites and it just really bugged me.

Also thanks a lot, Fun Size, I've been meaning to find a new program for a while but didn't want to get suckered into downloaded a virus, you know?

On a side note, I can't upload any sprites for a bit. Next week is finals week for me, and I want to make sure I pass everything. In the meantime, could I get some suggestions about what kind of sprites I should work on next? Such as a trainer class or what not?

I do have a WIP sprite I started last night when I couldn't sleep. My current plan is to make it into a "Club Girl" or something, and no, it's not finished, don't worry. If you start to notice a few repeating patterns, that's because I sprite via a Splicing method, and I'll sometimes go back and reuse some of my old stuff too for future work, just to clear things up. In this case, I've taken the head of Elesa from BW2, the lower half of the last swimmer girl I made, heels from Dahlia in Platinum, the torso of Sabrina from HGSS, one arm from a previous sprite, and another arm from the female part of the Couple sprite in HGSS, with editing.

Keep giving me criticisms, I appreciate what I can get and all the advice you can throw at me. My spriting style hasn't changed much in a few years, though maybe it's time that I finally change again.

Back