• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Doubles Teams

Years
    Hey everyone, just recently got the 50 in super singles stamp, looking to get all the rest as well, and want to tackle doubles next, because it seems more fun than multi.

I have a Jolly Garchomp and am breeding for a shiny timid Charizard to use as well, so Garchomp/Charizard Y is what I'm thinking about running for my first two. Any suggestions as to why that's not a good idea, and suggestions as to what my other two should be would be appreciated.

Years
    Okay, so I took Garchomp and Charizard Y in there, with my Kartana and Salamence from my singles team (only other two pokemon I had that were competitive and had decent movesets for doubles).

They basically wiped everything. The only issues I had were with Aerodactyls outspeeding them both and Garchomp's rock slide couldn't one-shot it, so it forced a switch to Kartana.

Other than that, no issues in the regular double battles. Super is next, after I get two more Pokemon to compliment Charizard and Garchomp better.

Years
    Okay, so my Charizard/Chomp/Kartana/Salamence team is getting consistently destroyed in the mid-30's every single time. A Hurricane Pidgeot outsped and wiped everything on one, a bubbled Manectric and frosslass took out my team the second time, and then the last time was a Golbat/Alakazam combo that once again, outsped all of my team and got 2hkos.

Planning to swap Kartana for a Venusaur and Salamence for Tapu Koko. Any advice?

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    One of the big issues with your team is that it lacks speed control. Tapu Koko would help a lot (since it's extremely fast).

I used a different team to go for the doubles stamp (and just succeeded in doing so just now). It was based on Trick Room and using Fake Outs to get the Trick Room off. My ideal set up was Porygon2 (best Trick Room setter), Hariyama (Fake Out and Guts Close Combat is brutal), Incineroar (favourite Pokemon, but also helps deal with Psychic weakness and isn't as vulnerable to Fairy types, as well as another Fake Out user) and Araquanid (Z-Water move usually OHKOs anything that doesn't resist and is extremely fast in Trick Room).

If you want I can post the moves/EVs so you can get a bigger picture of it. One thing I would say is check out VGC spreads - these are optimised for a doubles meta and while the AI is definitely not VGC - it's a better representation than singles sets.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2019
    I'm definitely NOT a professional, and my team has no pokebank, but I use Me First Eviolite bulky Clefairy with Lax incense Aegislash.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm not an expert either, but I would recommend to add a steel and a fairy type. The trio off steel, dragon and fairy is very strong.

Back