• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DP132 Episode Discussion (Japanese spoilers)

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I thought the episode was good ~

- Buuburn is huge o.O
    - Pikachu is burned ~!
    - Hahahahaha Shinji's hair moved XD
    - Has a Pokemon ever been burnt before? I mean, how it would be in the games
    - Yay, it's the RSE Victory Road theme! They should use it more often!
    - Counter shield!
    - Buizel and Mukuhawk are out...
    - Wow, they're using the RBY Victory Road theme again (or it might be one of the route themes by it)
    - Quick knock out for Glion...
    - I really like Rika Matsumoto's voice. I've just noticed how cool it is. I mean, I always knew it was, but I kind of just realised
    - Ouch, that Hammer Arm must've hurt, right in the stomach
    - Why did it's eyes go red?
    - Movie 2 music!
    - When Pikachu fell after it stood up in the water, and it zoomed out like that, I thought Satoshi was going to yell "PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" in a cliched kind of way XD
    - It was cute how Satoshi sighed when Chimchar won against Ursaring
    - Evolution ~
    - I found it kind of funny how the air of Mach Punch punched Shinji
    - Another punch in the stomach, first Pikachu now Electabuzz
    - Shinji's hair's moving again XD
    - Is that Blaze activiated?
    - Oh, OK, he saved the cliched yell for Monkazaru
    - How Shinji said "sou da" was...kind of friendly o.O
    - Aww I thought Shinji was going to say something to Satoshi

- Hikari, if anyone's going to be cheering up Satoshi, it's not going to be Pochama

Hydross

wrOOOm
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2010
    I thought the episode was good ~

- Yay, it's the RSE Victory Road theme! They should use it more often!

- Why did it's eyes go red?

- Movie 2 music!

I agree! Yay fpr RSE Victory Road! Was last played in DP53, the Cacnea farewell episode.

It eyes went red because of it's special ability: Guts. Triggers when it is inflicted with another special ability... in this case pikachu's static. Increases attack power by 50%.

Hmmm what movie 2 music? Would u mind linking me a Youtube video and point out the exact time it starts playing? xx:xx

Awesome episode. ^^

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • -Booburn is pretty big. Isn't it supposed to be only 5'3"? :S
    -That burn looks like it hurts. Like, a lot.
    -Rock Tomb? Sure, I guess. Interesting defense, for sure.
    -Ouch, Pikachu looks like it's struggling to use Volt Tackle. :|
    -Recalled? Interesting...but logically it should still burn. :S
    -Buizel is pretty pathetic at this point. It hasn't really done much of anything in the better part of 25-30 episodes. People are discussing that evolving it is the only way to salvage it, but honestly, it doesn't need to; all of Ash's other Pokemon but Buizel have evolved, and Floatzel is an eyesore.
    -RSE Victory Road! Squee!
    -Shinji's Ringuma has given me a newfound respect for the species, honestly. When I get Heart Gold, I'm catching one. That and Glion <3
    -Ringuma owned Buizel O_O
    -And Mukuhawk O_O
    -Chimchar! It didn't evolve immediately.
    -Stupid Light Screen switch tactic. :|
    -I didn't know you could manipulate Stone Edge! And its ingame accuracy sucks >_>
    -GLION! <3
    -...GLION </3
    -Why does he recall a Pokemon with a type advantage against it?
    -Wow, Pikachu...geezus, that was bad. Ringuma's now taken down half of Ash's team. :|
    -Go Hikozaru!
    -"Oh, you evolved...smashing tale, old chap"
    -You could tell when Moukazaru got paralyzed that it was over.
    -Blaze! And Moukazaru can control it, too!
    -Poor Ash...:'(
    -This shows us how great Paul's team is as a unit. Just swap your Manyula out for Glion and you'll be fine. :)

Preview:
    -Takeshi DOES see Uxie after all! SCREW YOU, JUN LOVERS! >=P
    -Not much else seems to be happening other than Hikari training for the next Contest. I saw Manmoo in the preview, perhaps it does something? idk.
    -Reeks of filler, though. Hopefully not all that much...
    -When are Team Galactic coming back? I thought something big was going on at the lake...And what about the ingame event there, too?! :S

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I had no idea the red eyes had anything to do with Guts ^^

Right at the start
    Providing episodes is un allowed but thanks I was lazy to search. Going to post a review soon. Its looking pretty good so far.
    Haha random combustion on Pikachu. I love how they showed the ability like that. Huge ass Pokemon Booburn is.
    Explosion!
    Shinji Hair so Kawaii Desu!
    Pikachu you got stoned.
    More combusting! Seriously while that looks hurtful its actually hilarious to see it.
    Haha no one take note of team rocket in a baloon. XD
    More combusting!
    Smack and...COMBUST! I think this is the only time I will say that word so much.
    Buizel time now. Aha so team rocket wants ash to win? nice.
    Oh that had to hurt a bit.
    Shinji is a ninja or something. No words and his Pokemon jump.
    What happened to buizel from the smoke?
    Ursa-paaaawwwnch!
    Counter Shield is a nice thing ash uses.
    Wooohooo Buizel can take damage! But that Urasring wow it got guts.
    And Buizel is down. Face first too.
    Ooo proper usage of Mukuhawk against Shinji.
    That was fast. Sad as well.
    Light shield hax Shinji. Damn.
    Totadoise. Stone edge controlling. Awesome. Bad for ash though.
    Man the music is dramatic. I wanna see the league battle now.
    GLION! OH HELL NO.
    That was plain HAX. Damn you writers.
    COMBUST A PIKA!
    Uh oh you pissed off Yogi. You die.
    Ah well you had a good run combustachu.
    Take down that mean ol bear Chimchar!
    YAY! And now what?
    TR crying is classic.
    Aha nice sigh. You at least got past that right Satoshi?
    Evolution time!
    Oh nice it felt so proud to evolve. This is some top notch music or what!
    Haha show off of a monkey.
    Nice battle so far.
    Uppercut!
    Shinji hair!
    And stomach blow!
    Epic shock to Moukazaru!
    Is that blaze I see? If so nice controlling Moukazaru!
    PAAWWWNCH!
    And its over. Oh well you had your good fight Moukazaru. Too lazy to watch the rest you guys. XD

Last edited:

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yes, so keeping the link in the quote when I've edited by own post is not a good idea, mini mod :P

And Shinji's hair moving *was* really cool. It looks so weird moving XD

Jmath

*blank*
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    -Recalled? Interesting...but logically it should still burn. :S
    Granted I don't know much about game mechanics but won't the burn only affect you when you're battling?

-Not much else seems to be happening other than Hikari training for the next Contest. I saw Manmoo in the preview, perhaps it does something? idk.
    Weren't they all trying to cheer Ash up? Looks that way.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Well, it's not in a Poke Ball, so its burn shouldn't just magically go away because it's not in battle. It's certainly an odd happening when you look at it logically.

And perhaps. idk. :|

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Crap, I pressed the wrong button. I hate it when that happens.

- Whoa, Pikachu was burned. Poor Pikachu.
    - Love Shinji's hair~ <3
    - Did I just hear the Elite Four theme...?
    - The counter shield returns.
    - Buizel and Mukuhawk are out...
    - Glion onscreen time - Around 25 seconds.
    - What was it again... Guts?
    - Pikachu out cold.
    - That is one epic evolution.
    - Another punch in the stomach, first Pikachu now Electabuzz
    - Shinji's hair~ <3 <3 <3
    - OK, Mokouzaru died. >.> Hate it when that happens.
    - That's a reason why I fangirl Shinji. ^^ He's badass. ^^

- So Takeshi DOES see Uxie. Poor Jun.
    - Dawwww, Satoshi. Genki ni naru yo~

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    ash's current team analysis after battlin paul, thoughts and opinions

as we all know we can guess, hope, dream and what ever we say doesnt matter, cause the people who make the anime get the last world on wat happens, sorry had to say that, now to the point

two outcomes can come from this battle and affect future battles btw him and paul.

1, like was mentioned in another thread, use his strong reserves vs paul or at the league
    or
    2, he has to fasten his seat belt and train his butt off trust his team and stay with hiss current team.

to me there is no need for his reserves to make an appearence in the finals or in a battle vs paul, he has a well balanced team:

ash's sinnoh team
    pikachu
    gliscor
    staraptor
    buizel
    grotle
    monferno

pauls team
    electabuzz
    honchkrow
    ursarin
    weavile
    magmortar
    torterra
    (nidoking)
    (gliscor)
    (azumaril)
    (pre evolved aggron)

what i do believe is that his pkmn got overpowered, and were outsized terrible, not saying he cant win but he needs to make some changes, the changes would be evolving his team to get the maximun strenght from his pkmn or powering up their moves, not to say both cant be done at the same time.

analyzing ashes team

utilize pikachus speed attacks more, pika isnt gonna learn anything new literally anythin he can learn will probably he a weak attack, he already knows thunder, thnderbolt, iron tail, and volt tackle, even though swift would be good to know as not to waste much energy in thunder. gliscor in the game is suppost ta have a high speed rate, but after watchin his battle he seemed some wat slow, i suggest raisin his speed a bit or strenghtnin his attcks, learnin guilliatine and earthquake wouldnt hurt also. staraptor like pika isnt going to learn anymore moves im guessing he already knows the maximun moves a staraptor can learn, brave bird, close combat, aerial ace, wing attack/steel wing, forgot wich one it is and quick attack. roost as a recovery move would be nice if learned. most of ashes bird pokemon have been really fast, staraptor should not be the exception, his is already one of ashes power houses, he needs to work on that speed, also learnin double team which i thought was a stupid move in the game has been shown to be a great move in the anume, aipom and swellow used this move quite often and they (ash and pkmn) made it work. buizel, buizel, buizel, eventhough it is really strong, its small, even though it beat a floatzel, u cant compare a floatzel to a ursaring, meanin an ursarin is stronger physically. buizels attacks are good and strong, one move i would like him to learn if only one it would be rain dance, make it rain baby, as to activate his special power swift swim or wat ever its called that doubles his speed and with his power moves it evens things out with his opponent who ever it is. grotle not one of my favs but it needs alot of work, since evolving into a slower, heavier pkmn, with moves that suit it, dont help at all. razor leaf, energy ball, synthesis, and rock climb. im thinkin that grotle if it doest evolve into torterra, is going to learn leaf storm, i dont see it learnin frenzy plant, cause it will just be the same as pauls. monferno o monferno, even though it got its butt kicked, strong, fast, good moves only attack i see him learning is fire blitz or close combat, one or the other but not both, newly evolved, not much to say about monferno.

if the writers like was mentioned in other threads plan to keep ashes team as is with no reserves, i would evolve buizel, more power, bit more speed, stronger moves and more importantly a bigger body, most of pauls pkmn are big pkmn, i see potential and lots of it in buizel evolved or not and in monferno, im guessin his evolving into infernape playing a key role in a future fight vs paul in the league finals, grotle i really dont know what to say about it, ash really hasnt has much experience with slow pkmn and neither have i in the game. his slowest is snorlax and we all have seen it in action, when he wants to move he does it with style. not to mention its a grass type, bulbasaur, bayleef and sceptile, scep. it one of his fastest pkmn, while bulba and bay are going at more then average speed but still ok speed, im guessing him learnin that rock climb is a way to get his speed back and balance his weight with his raw power hence rock climb, the writers will probably just make him stronger and not evolve him. i sure that ash will catch probably one more sinnoh pkmn, tops two but i doubt it. maybe it will be the hippopotas if it makes another appearence as stated by another pkmn comm forum user. a gible, snover, or riolu (most likely not gonna happen). snover if it makes another appearence but not likely and a gible which makesmore sense then the rest but also like riolu not gonna happen. to me either his catching one more pkmn or we have witnessed his final team in training for the league competitions. to the every one the truth i believe that this might be his 6 figure pkmn roster to the leagues. he needs to work hard, do his homework and utilize his friends, he has brock which was a gym leader and has been with himthough every region except the orange islands to advise him and help him come up with a plan, his witnessed all battles btw, him and paul and can give him some good pointer and tell him where to start. ash can also use garys help, yes i said it GARY. a strong trainer, who doesnt play around when it comes to training his pkmn, he helped ash with gliscor imagine what he would help ash do with the rest of the team.

as paul is concern his team wat ever team it is will be strong, most likely his electabuzz will be evolved into an electavire, im 100% sure of that, his pre evolved aggron will evolve into the aggron, lookin at his pkmn i kind of see a weird patternof possible pokemon he might catch, of which im sure he'll have anywhere from 2 to 5 new pkmn by the end of the sinnoh league, machamp, rhydon or rhyperior, typhlosion or feraligart, scisor or tyranitar, shiftry, salamence (hope im wrong about this one or else he is gonna have to use his reserves for this one pkmn), drapion, hippodon. any of these pkmn have his name on them but it looks like they are his type for catchin.

as for an analysis on pauls pkmn they are trained to be strong and have killer moves, hence ash needs to improve his team with sheer power snd moves to at least come close to beating paul if he doesnt , he will just lose as hes been doin all this time. if any one has any thing they would like to add or any detail in the analysis i may have missed pliz dont be shy, and remember this thread isnt a review of dp 132 or a thread about using his reserves , there are two threads for those needs already. opinions, suggestions or anything u believe ash is doing wrong or is doing right in his training his team vs pauls. OOHHH AND DA REMATCH IS COMMIN SOON!

Years
  • For some reason I really didn't want to watch this episode.
    o_o But I want to see Shinji's hair, everyone is commenting on it. I'm intrigued.

Oh look. Wow. Hair. |D Looks nice. Okay I' done!
    Kidding.

-And Satoshi's hair doesn't move an inch. ;3;
    -RANDOM COMBUSTION!
    -Calling him back insta-cures the burn?
    -STOP SWITCHING YOU TWO OMG. You're upsetting TR. xD
    -Glion wasn't too helpful.
    -Whoo that was a big sigh Satoshi. Working up a sweat eh?
    -;3; I like Chimmy. Poo. Hyper yes?
    -Reused hairrr~~ I guess they like that?
    -Don't go insane again! Oh, it seems okay~
    -:o Haven't seen Satoshi's pretty eyes in a bit!

-Shinji's so happy. "I lost to Jindai, but I beat the snot out of Satoshi! Yay, I feel better."
    -Stop with the not showing eyes. We know Satoshi just a wee bit upset.
    It's a nice picture though.
    Spoiler:

Preview:

o_o That one eye showing is creepy. But jeez the boy sure is moody!
    That face is hilarious when he looks up though. xD

Dreadnought

Imperador
    Years
  • Honestly i think Ash is shown to be an idiot on purpose. Really now he has tons of pretty powerful pokemon, Sceptile, Charizard, Snorlax, Kingler, Donphan, that would have made his battle and life much easier and would have caught Paul offguard. But he has to be a thickheaded moron and use pretty weak pre-evovled forms against fully evolved pokemon. Seriously Paul will rape him in battle, honestly Ash neeeds to get some sense knocked into that thick head.

Last edited:

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I really enjoyed this episode :D

...shame Ash lost tho :(

Few pointers:

- Hammer arm in the gut: ouch.
    - Ursaring is a freakin beast.
    - Epic evolution :D The music was even better!
    - Monferno is also a freakin beast.
    - When it had blaze, why did Ash tell it to use Mach Punch? o.O
    - Surely Electabuzz should've died?

I'd like to comment again on the evolution - it was sooo cool! :D
    It was a lot of fuss over Monferno, heck, imagine what it'll be like if Monferno evolves into Infernape.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I really enjoyed this episode :D

...shame Ash lost tho :(

Few pointers:

- Hammer arm in the gut: ouch.
    - Ursaring is a freakin beast.
    - Epic evolution :D The music was even better!
    - Monferno is also a freakin beast.
    - When it had blaze, why did Ash tell it to use Mach Punch? o.O

- Surely Electabuzz should've died?

I'd like to comment again on the evolution - it was sooo cool! :D
    It was a lot of fuss over Monferno, heck, imagine what it'll be like if Monferno evolves into Infernape.
    It wasn't blaze it was over confidence. I wonder when it will kick in though...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Everyone's commenting on his hair, it seems. <3

One thing I would like to point out...
    Lornami "-STOP SWITCHING YOU TWO OMG. You're upsetting TR. xD"

That was what I was gonna say, but I pressed the wrong button and everything in my post is gone. :(
    Seriously, how many times do they have to do that?! I really don't want to see red beams flying around alllllll over the place.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I thought it was good that they were switching more often than usual, it's what happens in the games and you would kind of expect it to happen in the anime more often.

Elekid Kid

Banned
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Wow great ep. epic battle.

MOVING HAIR PWNS!
    Magmortars a beast
    Ursarigs a beast
    nice strategies from Shinji
    Buizel thinks hes hard when he comes out of his pokeball
    How did he survive that Clothesline?
    Ursarig should play quarter back
    Pikachu should be a boxer if it can take brutal punches like that

loved it

JezzaRules

Charmander Lover
    Years
  • Is it just me, or does Pauls pokemon seem a little TOO overpowered?
    Also the hair effect looks kinda cool I have to admit.

Shame Ash lost tho, thought he'd be able to take down at least 4 of his pokemon.

Back