• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] DPE twice

henryvinst

an unovan boy
Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    I wonder, if i compile the DPE twice with new data on a rom that already has an older version of it, would it ruin everything? I don't want to start from the beginning with the new DPE in a new rom bcs i've worked a lot on this current one. Does anyone knows what are the consequences of doing so?

Asith

Uwao
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    Who knows, why don't you simply make a backup of your rom, apply the dpe again and see what happens? If it "ruins everything" just use the backup

henryvinst

an unovan boy
    Years
    • he him
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    Yeah, it works just fine. The only issue is that you'll need to have the original "make.py" file from the first time you compile. Having it, you just need to replace the make.py file on the new repository with the old one.

Back