• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dragon Ball movie, and a petition

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
Years
  • So, 20th Century Fox is producing a Dragon Ball live-action movie, and I wanted to ask your opinion about it.

Personally, I think that it's a good idea...
    in theory. Anyone who likes DB can notice horrible mistakes.

I think that we have the power to change it (after all, we are potential audience), so I made this petiton

deadmuffin

the tenacious demon
    Years
  • ok, im sorry if I sounds really mean in this but i am very angry about this

first of all-The casting is nothing to be excited about....Goku is played by the person who played Robbie in War of the worlds.....yes, that is the Perfect person to play one of the greatest heroes EVER-they picked the guy who played a whiney punk kid as Goku

secondly- the writers must have been drunk when writing....as far as I know, Goku in dragonball was a kid, but in this movie...he is a teenager? in high school? that doesnt make sense.....

again, im sorry if i was mean, but i dont really have high hopes for this movie, but since i am a fan, im still going to go see it.

GodSaurus

Rock hard all night, baby
    Years
  • I'm angry too, but that's why I made the petition!
    Of course, it's too late to change Goku, but other things can be changed.

If youu feel bad about the movie, sign!

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    It's more of a DB Style movie with DBZ Elements, we can only hope it doesn't become something like Speed Racer

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2008
    I'm baffled on how this movie is going to work. they might have to ultimately create DB into something brand new. for example, the hair, the color of the hair, and so on.

They're going to have to work really hard to please the fans.

Tenbinza

Master of the Mighty Harisen!
    Years
  • the writers must have been drunk when writing....as far as I know, Goku in dragonball was a kid, but in this movie...he is a teenager? in high school? that doesnt make sense......

It depends on what part of Dragon Ball you're talking about... Asuming Piccolo (The one who later trains Gohan in Z, not the original Demon King) is the main baddie, It's understandable that Goku is a teenager (Because it was in the last part of the series before Z)...... But when did Goku go to high school? The only education he got was from Master Roshi while he was training with Krillin.

As a fan, I'd say It'd be interesting to see what the film has to offer..... even if it's most likely to be rubbish, but that's the movie industry for you.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Yep its goin to probably be rubbish. I mean look at speed racer(sorry for copying im goin to dwelve into it). I mean they made it so kiddy and pink that my eyes bled. I only have hopes for real action transformer so meh im a fan but its ridiculous. I wonder if we get to see um never ind kiddies round!

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    Of course, its going to be rubbish. I don't even like DBZ anime series a lot.

JKLAZ

FireHeart and Kale are Awesome
    Years
  • DBZ anime wasnt bad. I use to watch it a lot. I read the whole wiki thing.. and it sounds... well retarted. There dropping characters, creating new ones.. filming in abandoned jeans factories.. it just doesnt fit. I wont see it

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Chow Yun-Fat as Master Roshi! Are you ----ing kidding me?! Don't get me wrong here. I loved Crouching Tiger, but I laughed my *** off when I saw him in that Wiki picture. I just imagined him flirting with girls and being a lecher (or the off-chance of his personality matching the actual Roshi's). And it just makes me laugh even more the more I try to imagine him in this role. I can't really be irritated at this, because every time I think about it, it just makes me crack up.

Emmy Rossum as Bulma. This is a practical joke, right? I mean, going from the singing sensation/possessed by the Phantom of the Opera female lead to... Bulma... The blue haired annoying whiny girl from Dragonball... Emmy, you've got great talent. Don't get mixed up in something like this. Your acting talents can be put to better use elsewhere.

Eriko Tamura as Mai. Alright. I'll tackle the two things here in order. First, Mai? They used Emperor Pilaf's second-in-command as Piccolo's right-hand warrior?! What were they smoking?! Second of all, Eriko, you're doing really great in Heroes. Stay there, and don't go near this movie. It isn't worth it. IT ISN'T WORTH IT!!!

Ernie Hudson as Master Mutaito. You read correctly. It is not an illusion. Winston from Ghostbusters... Is Roshi's mentor. Gee, why not just get Bill Murray, Dan Aykroid and Harold Ramis to play characters too? While we're at it, let's get Rick Moranis and Sigourney Weaver to play Shu and Mai and bring the whole Pilaf gang into the movie! Sometimes I think Hollywood is intentionally being a bunch of morons.

Tenbinza

Master of the Mighty Harisen!
    Years
  • I read the whole wiki thing.. and it sounds... well retarted. There dropping characters, creating new ones.. filming in abandoned jeans factories.. it just doesnt fit.

What the.. where's Krillin? Or Emperor Pilaf (seriously, if this is Dragon Ball, where is he)? Who's Weaver? What is going on? Come on, we gotta change it!

Years
  • The cast they chose for the movie is totally wrong. And simple details their not including are going to piss a lot of people off, like Bulma having brown hair for example. I mean how hard is it to stick a wig on the women?

I guess we'll see when the movie is released though.

There's just one simple rule everyone should follow: "If your going to do something, do it right, period"

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    If you guys want every single detail to be true to the anime, just watch the anime. Who cares if they decided to give a character a natural hair color? I mean, I never really watched Dragonball or anything, but I think I'm at least somewhat correct in deducing that it's not exactly anyone's magnum opus in the first place, so I don't see why it's such a crime to make a film that tries to appease an audience BEYOND its raging aspie fanbase. Lighten up, guys.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Ugh... this is disgusting, if you're going to adapt an anime for live action, at least stay close to the source material... When did Goku ever get a formal education! The only education he recieved was from his grandfather, and Master Roshi, who, by the way is supposed to be an old bald man!

Ugh... they're destroying my favourite anime/manga...

Kraka-chan

From the Kraka Club
    Years
  • From what I've heard, this film doesn't look promising.

Why is it that films based on Manga/Anime or Video Game franchises become completely different from the original material? I understand that not a lot of people would have read, viewed or played the original material, but couldn't film makers at least try to put some effort in.

Having said that, no one should ever count their chickens until they've hatched. Until the film is eventually out, then we should comment on whether it's good or bad.

Rogue_Ninja

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 44
    • NY
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    LOL this should be as good as the Eragon movie. There is an live action movie based on the legend or myth that Dragonball is based on.

lukeh

Former ROM Hacker
    Years
  • THIS IS NOT A DRAGON BALL MOVIE

This is a DBZ movie. Its about the Saiyan Saga. HE WAS A TEENAGER BACK THEN! anyways, I am seeing the movie cause I dont want to miss it. I am sure they are trying their best.

If I am wrong and its about dragon ball (which i HATE) i will burn the movie theater to the ground.

Wait I just saw the wikipedia article.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! NOBODY LIKES DB!!!! EXERYONE LOVES DBZ!!!!!!!!!! HOW CAN THEY MAKE A STUPID MOVIE LIKE THAT!!!!!!!

*signs petition*

Last edited:

Rogue_Ninja

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • Age 44
    • NY
    • Seen Jul 13, 2010
    THIS IS NOT A DRAGON BALL MOVIE

This is a DBZ movie. Its about the Saiyan Saga. HE WAS A TEENAGER BACK THEN! anyways, I am seeing the movie cause I dont want to miss it. I am sure they are trying their best.

Where did you read that.

1. Grandpa Gohan is long dead by the DBZ series

2. Piccolo is a good guy in the DBZ series

3.Piccolo was the baddie in the DB series.

4. The only thing they try do their best at is make money not quality. But I will give it a chance.

Back